Annual Travel Insurance Europe, over 70’s

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hate messing with Annual Travel Insurance. In fact any Insurnce.

Looked at a couple of sites, Go Compare, money Supermarket.

Realise I get what I pay for.

Any recommendations of who to go with please? Probably mai items re medical, curtailment, baggage, nothing too complicated.
Thanks

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Am sure me mum and dad used to get free holiday insurance cover with there bank Til they were 80.

NearHull

Visit site
Used to sing the praises of LV, reasonable price and proved to be good in responding to our Covid extended stay last year in the Canaries however their renewal price (there wasn’t a NCD rise) was too much. Went to TESCO Insance in the end. I’m am over 70 ( where did that go?)

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Who did you manage to book it with 3

Oddly enough we have been looking to change our account from Santander to Nationwide. 😳👍
I've been pleased with them. Ring them up and they try to direct you to their website. I'm absolutely certain that I'll get 20 minutes into their website and it will decide it's too complicated and tell me to telephone. So I don't do that. Next is the 30 minute queue. But, and it's a big but, they will ring you back instead.
Then answer questions about my knee and stuff, tell them travel dates, give the credit card number and it's done.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I've been pleased with them. Ring them up and they try to direct you to their website. I'm absolutely certain that I'll get 20 minutes into their website and it will decide it's too complicated and tell me to telephone. So I don't do that. Next is the 30 minute queue. But, and it's a big but, they will ring you back instead.
Then answer questions about my knee and stuff, tell them travel dates, give the credit card number and it's done.
Although I have to admit it was a bit of a struggle getting the money for the repatriation flight from South Africa. To cut a long story short, when dealing with the chief executives office, I was asked for a certain piece of information. "I've already sent you that, it's in document number 23".

"I don't have individual documents" she said, "they all been amalgamated into one document".

After banging my head against a wall, I told her which words to search for and suddenly it was done.

Took 6 months but that was not unexpected.

Sadly, they wouldn't cough up for two sets of golf clubs we had to leave behind in South Africa, on the basis that we could collect them.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
But remember you need to have the Nationwide FlexPlus account - which you pay for. They've withdrawn Travel insurance from their' free' account (ie the one I have) :(
The FlexPlus account costs £13pm but includes:-
WW Family Travel Insurance (£65 over 70 but one payment covers all over 70s)
UK & European Breakdown Assistance (currently with the AA)
WW Family Mobile Phone Insurance

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
The FlexPlus account costs £13pm but includes:-
WW Family Travel Insurance (£65 over 70 but one payment covers all over 70s)
UK & European Breakdown Assistance (currently with the AA)
WW Family Mobile Phone Insurance
I know. Its a good deal if the sums add up for the individual. But given I don't need the .breakdown cover, nor the phone cover, it doesn't work for me. If you need all three it would be a different thing

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
We insure for £19 per month with Barclays this also cover RAC and airport lounges. We recently made a claim for having to cancel a UK break and they (Aviva) paid out promptly. Also the annual cover has never been a problem so long as we tell them of any medical issues