Security Camera

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife has decided she wants something outside the house, any recommendations?

Do you have good WiFi? Do you already have any ring product?

Do you have a hard wired security light already?

I have 2 ring door bell spot light cameras. 1 at the back and 1 at side. Replaced excisting lights and motion sensor so when I walk outside in the dark the light comes on

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have just been given Tapo plugs for free and I was directed to their website for other wifi stuff such as cameras Some of the stuff looks good.

TAPO are an offshoot of TP-Link (routers etc)

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do you have good WiFi? Do you already have any ring product?

Do you have a hard wired security light already?

I have 2 ring door bell spot light cameras. 1 at the back and 1 at side. Replaced excisting lights and motion sensor so when I walk outside in the dark the light comes on
No existing products, WI-FI is decent. Have a light in porch, but not a security light.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Eufy kit from Amazon is decent. Good app. Easy to install and use. Comes with a hard drive so you aren't forced to pay for a cloud storage subscription.
I’ve got Eufy cameras front and back, really happy with them.

No need for any wiring either, just make sure you put them high enough to stop scrotes nicking them!

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have some security cameras and hard drive from Amazon, (can't remember the brand just now).
It's all wired stuff, and I just have an old monitor connected to be able to check on things when needed. Having seen and heard some scary stuff about wifi, I wouldn't want my security stuff using the wifi.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Re security cctv or security cameras, have a serious think about where you put them. Position is all important. Me I have a Swann system and very happy with it.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Another one for the Eufy system. I have a security camera out the back and their doorbell at the front. Both wireless and battery operated. Good quality images. Our security camera has to be charged about once every three months, or you can get one with the solar panel built in to keep it fully charged.
You can view the video via the app on the phone and get alerts if anyone activates the camera. You ca also get the camera to set off an external alarm if somebody activates it. No subscription charge either. Whatever you go for, I would wait till Black Friday arrives and keep an eye on HotUKDeals where you can find some good deals.
Below are a couple of examples of the images from the cameras (Pardon the subject matter).

Back Garden 1.pngDoorbell 1.png

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I used to use Hive cameras but they aren't made anymore (wanted to replace a broken one). Moved to Nooie cameras. Half the price and twice as good. Data is stored either on the on-board sim card (separate purchase) or via their subscription cloud service. I use the sim and can see the last rolling 24hrs. Works via wifi and is (currently) mains plug only. The only negative for me is their app is a bit naff though.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I've got nothing worth pinching....except maybe one of the original 10 gb 2nd gen ipods (2002 ish) complete with accessories and the box :)

ThinBullet

Visit site
I have the Eufy 2C system. Base with Sdcard, and 3 cameras. They do the job, and charge every 6 months or so. Easy to install and setup too. There's no monthly costs like Ring, and I know that my data is safe in the hub and not in the cloud.

Motion sensing is better than Ring, but I had to put up battery powered spotlights as the night cam footage isn't good enough for the Police. A thing I learned after my neighbours S3 was stolen and they cut through my back garden beforehand.

For the price it's good enough to get peace of mind, but crooks don't care what cameras you have, they just hide their faces etc. Spotlight is what really puts them off. The Ring floodlight system is good for that, but it's a premium price on top of a subscription to retrieve your videos.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a ring doorbell and 3 ring cameras. Been very good, just hardwired for power and then running off the WiFi.

no complaints