Ultrasonic cat deterrents

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't speak for cats, but we have an issue with foxes, so got two fox deterrent ones.

Absolutely bloody useless; a complete waste of time, and they eat batteries like they're going out of fashion. Next step will be prickle strip on the fence.

I used to have a fox problem where I worked.
I hung handfuls of human hair, in net bags, all around the perimeter and the problem just went away.
Replace the hair every three months.

RichA

Visit site
Supposedly they don't like pepper. I occasionally mix cayenne with boiling water, let it cool then put it into a spray bottle. I spray it around the bottom of the hedge, top of the fences and in the areas they've habitually used in my garden. It seems to work.
I once read that they don't like citrus, so left some lemon slices on top of next door's shed, where they'd lie in wait for birds. Next day I saw their cat on top of the shed chewing a lemon slice.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I once read that they don't like citrus, so left some lemon slices on top of next door's shed, where they'd lie in wait for birds. Next day I saw their cat on top of the shed chewing a lemon slice.

HID sprinkles some chilli powder on the ground but she puts orange peel down as they apparently don't like the smell. Think she saw it on Gardeners World or similar