Tyrrell Hatton

D

Deleted member 15344

You cannot be serious Phil; Trevino was personality, Chi Chi Rodriguez was personality, Fuzzy Zoeller was personality, Hatton is just an immature stroppy little you-know-what. Don't warm to him at all.

There is just something about him , yeah he is a bit stroppy and is having a go at himself whilst playing and for me I would prefer to watch him than someone like Spieth etc

Met him once at Harleyford and he seemed a genuine guy but always been of a hot head

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I love him not literally of course but he seems to be hard on himself which is fine. I am a bit like that.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I watched Tyrell Hatton, admittedly not at great length, yesterday and some of today and I just haven't seen any of this so called "Petulance". Not once did I see him get annoyed at anything! :confused:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You cannot be serious Phil; Trevino was personality, Chi Chi Rodriguez was personality, Fuzzy Zoeller was personality, Hatton is just an immature stroppy little you-know-what. Don't warm to him at all.

Totally agree. Plenty of characters that weren't a royal pain in the derriere on the course, bemoaning everything around him. Undoubtedly in the form of his life but his petulance makes it hard to warm to and enjoy his success on screen

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tyrrell needs grow up and fast.After his behaviour last week you would have thought he may be a bit more chilled after trousering a cool 676,000 euros. I would not say he has personality. He needs to know how to manage his behaviour better and is not a good example to kids taking up the game. Big talent undoubtedly but needs to realise he is in a very privileged position earning vast sums of money for playing a game.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
everytime i see him i hate him even more

Wouldn't go that far
I'd say I dislike him a bit
He's not very endearing - part of his 'personality' is hard to like

But he's becoming quite a player to say the least so I'm not sure he'll be bothered

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He gets on his own back it is just a personality trait. I am the exact same, you can't just shake that off.

It is just who he is. You have to except that. People on here always the same, on their high horses.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tyrrell needs grow up and fast.After his behaviour last week you would have thought he may be a bit more chilled after trousering a cool 676,000 euros. I would not say he has personality. He needs to know how to manage his behaviour better and is not a good example to kids taking up the game. Big talent undoubtedly but needs to realise he is in a very privileged position earning vast sums of money for playing a game.

Why does he need to change ?

Right now he is doing what is required for him to win which ultimately is his main goal - multiple players through the past have been like sulky teenagers - Woods the prime example , Justin Thomas has chucked clubs and slammed down clubs , Monty , Faldo, Garcia plus many more players - for some its what they need to be able to focus to win , these guys are playing for their career , millions are on the line not your monthly Medal.

As long as he isnt damaging the course and isnt causing a detremintal affect to his playing partners then he doesnt or wont need to change. The funniest thing i heard was Joey Barton having a go at him and his attitude saying it was poor for the sport - i suspect there isnt many mirrors in Bartons house

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
As has been pointed out he wears his heart on his sleeve, can't fault a man for showing his emotions. Hatton is no different to many tour pros.

I seem to remember Garcia acting like a baby and launching his shoe down the fairway. Tiger has been known to throw clubs. Stenson is another who throws clubs and I seem to remember him getting fined for smashing up a tee marker during the Open in a tantrum.

Poulter is another who moans at everyone and everything, especially when it's not going his way. Big Bjorn is another moaner.

Plenty out there.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

Right now he is doing what is required for him to win which ultimately is his main goal - multiple players through the past have been like sulky teenagers - Woods the prime example , Justin Thomas has chucked clubs and slammed down clubs , Monty , Faldo, Garcia plus many more players - for some its what they need to be able to focus to win , these guys are playing for their career , millions are on the line not your monthly Medal.

As long as he isnt damaging the course and isnt causing a detremintal affect to his playing partners then he doesnt or wont need to change. The funniest thing i heard was Joey Barton having a go at him and his attitude saying it was poor for the sport - i suspect there isnt many mirrors in Bartons house

Trolling again eh Phil :rolleyes:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He does seem like a bit of a (Mod Edit) which won't win him many fans, but he won't care as long as he's winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

Really ? What exactly was it in my post that suggested to you that I was “trolling” - is there anything false ? Or is it a standard reply from yourself when you are unable to form a reply of any substance

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Shivas, no trolling seen in this post, just opinions, move along please

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I walked round in side the ropes with him at The Grove last year, and he was fine. Very polite and friendly. Thought he might be another Monty, but definitely not. Matt Fitzpatrick was very quiet and seemed quite shy. Lee Westwood came over and introduced himself. 'Hello I'm Lee' I had a feeling it was Westwood.:)

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
Its a mental thing!

Be disappointed with a good shot, because they always want it closer - also might seem like a good shot to us but he may of put it in the wrong part of the green - takes birdie out the equation.
Same with blaming something else - Can't possibly be a bad stroke so blame something else - diverts them from blaming the swing and putting doubt in their minds.

Agree it looks a little stroppy and petulant but I wish I was as good as him!

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I saw a lot of Tyrrell last week as I photographed the Dunhill Cup - I didn't really know of him previously but got told he was a nightmare - he was anything but, seems to have a great relationship with his partner Jamie Dornan and was regularly sharing a joke with him and the other people he was playing with, in particular Lee Westwood on the Saturday at Kingsbarns.

He had one moment st Kingsbarns when he had his head in his hands after hitting a shot and I thought he must be in trouble, but when we turned around to see where the ball had gone it was safely in the green - he'd obviously thought he could hit it close.

But generally he was fine and he played some absolutely superb golf - a pleasure to watch and photograph

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
He's done phenomenally well to win back to back, it's an achievement reserved for the few. I hope it continues as it's great to have an English winner. I also hope Ross Fisher keeps his momentum.

Not sure if there has ever been claims of petulance when it comes to Sergio / Henrik Stenson. Both of them wear their hearts on their sleeves.
We've all seen Sergio taking his anger out on a bunker, throw his clubs, throw a club in water, throw his shoes, spit .... lots of issues.
How many clubs have we seen Stenson break over his knee? Yet people seem to forgive Sergio and Stenson for their mistakes.

thesheriff

Head Pro
Visit site
He comes across as a spoilt little brat and he won't win many fans as a result of it.

People's opinions of him are evidently of no concern to Hatton himself and doubt he has any intention of changing whatsoever. It's working at the moment so why fix it.

I don't support Hatton and i don't think he is a character at all. However, I'm not going to say he's in the wrong, cos afterall he is a golfer, golfing and doesn't/shouldn't listen to critics of his personality.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's done phenomenally well to win back to back, it's an achievement reserved for the few. I hope it continues as it's great to have an English winner. I also hope Ross Fisher keeps his momentum.

Not sure if there has ever been claims of petulance when it comes to Sergio / Henrik Stenson. Both of them wear their hearts on their sleeves.
We've all seen Sergio taking his anger out on a bunker, throw his clubs, throw a club in water, throw his shoes, spit .... lots of issues.
How many clubs have we seen Stenson break over his knee? Yet people seem to forgive Sergio and Stenson for their mistakes.
I think Garcia took a fair bit of criticism when he broke his putter and had to finish the round putting with his woods.