TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I really liked it. The daughter storyline is the legacy part, innit? I think she is a great character.
I get that and I agree she is a good character. She is starting, ep 3, to do stupid things though. Things that she is clearly told not to. It always bugs me when that happens.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Just started Peacemaker, which is daft but entertaining.

Looking forward to season 3 of The Boys.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'm 3 episodes in and this is already putting me off. It's a shame as the rest is classic Bosch. Not sure if I will go all the way with this one if it carries on in the same vein.

I felt the same actually, took a bit to get in to it, but stick with it, it gets better as the series goes on. Never really been a fan of Maddie's character, still not in this, but the rest is OK, a few cameo's from other Bosch characters too. Currently eight episodes in and enjoying it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Probably come up on here years ago but just started watching Sherlock tv series. I think i'll struggle
The idea of a modern sherlock is novel enough but watched first three episodes over last three nights and fell asleep during 2 & 3
Should've been a 1 hour thing

Carlwm

Visit site
Probably come up on here years ago but just started watching Sherlock tv series. I think i'll struggle
The idea of a modern sherlock is novel enough but watched first three episodes over last three nights and fell asleep during 2 & 3

The American modern take on Holmes - Elementary, starring Johnny Le Miller - was surprisingly good. Much as I enjoyed Bandersnatch & Bilbo, Elementary was more consistently entertaining, I think.

Last edited:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
i really enjoyed it. The daughter is not the best character/actor but the whole show is still class. Roll on more

Finished it last night, it really did get better after the first three episodes. Thoroughly enjoyed it, left on a cliff hanger though......

Just about to finish the new series of Borgen (Power & Glory). If you liked the original, you'll like the "reboot", it's a really good watch for Scandi drama fans. Now back to Stranger Things S4....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Benedict Cumberbatch one?? That was incredible! Or are you talking about a different one?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
The Benedict Cumberbatch one?? That was incredible! Or are you talking about a different one?

Yeah that's the one (with Frodo etc) season 1ep 1 was good, ep2 was an almost identical outline to ep 1 and it kinda went down again in ep3
I'll give it another go though

(last night I tried season 1 of Cobra Kai for the first time, 4 episodes. Nice spoof, some fun lines but already thinking it should just have been a 90 minute movie... just googled it an there's 40 episodes :eek:... they can forget it)

Edit, of course its Bilbo not frodo :whistle:

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah that's the one (with Frodo etc) season 1ep 1 was good, ep2 was an almost identical outline to ep 1 and it kinda went down again in ep3
I'll give it another go though
I won't give any spoilers, but I do recall it gets more dramatic as it goes along. It quickly moved from cosy detective drama to espionage thriller once it gets going.