TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched most of Goes Wrong Show series 2 this week. We are a fan of their stage shows, and the first series of this was good. First three episodes of series 2 were good too but episode 4 was rubbish, and ep 5 is a 'part 2' of that one so not sure if we'll bother with that. ?

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
This and @chellie’s on love of JT films makes me feel very old. Whaddya mean I am…!

Maybe some of us of a certain age get JT as we spent many wet Saturday mornings watching the silents of Buster Keaton, Harry Lloyd, The Keystone Cops, Charlie Chaplin, and Laurel and Hardy.

I was/am a fan of L&H, Abbott & Costello, and "Hooray for" Harry Lloyd. The others, not really.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
This and @chellie’s on love of JT films makes me feel very old. Whaddya mean I am…!

Maybe some of us of a certain age get JT as we spent many wet Saturday mornings watching the silents of Buster Keaton, Harry Lloyd, The Keystone Cops, Charlie Chaplin, and Laurel and Hardy.

Now, I never liked any of those. JT was more subtle which is why I enjoyed them.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Sod watching anything with subtitles, spend all your time reading instead of watching what's happening.
It is really easy and for hundreds of thousands of people in the uk, including me, subtitles are a must to be able to follow any programme.
The last 2 weeks has been a disaster for me and others with channel 4’s problems causing no subtitles at all on any of their channels. I’ve not been able to follow what is being said on Taskmaster, 24 hrs in police custody and gogglebox, or anything else. I know there has been uproar about British bake off, but I don’t watch that. But a crap programme of married at first sight that the wrong episode was played was replayed the next day. :mad::mad:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We started watching the American Office. I'm hoping it gets better after the first series. Michael Scott is not really that funny, he's just a straight-up mean-spirited *** so far. I'm hoping they do a bit of a rejig and character adjustment for series 2. ?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
We started watching the American Office. I'm hoping it gets better after the first series. Michael Scott is not really that funny, he's just a straight-up mean-spirited *** so far. I'm hoping they do a bit of a rejig and character adjustment for series 2. ?
The first series is a poor remake of the British version. After that they completely change it and it’s more of a traditional sitcom and not trying to be a parody of British cringe humour anymore. And it becomes brilliant. Michael Scott is a brilliant character and you’ll love him before too long.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I couldn’t get into it.
Love the Original

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just tuned in to Attenborough-'The Mating Game'....can't help being amazed at the standard of photography ( and how the hell they manage to get such stunning footage-see the opening passage of the Humpback Whales-absolutely stunning)(y)
Don't think him and his crews have ever made a bad series??

Wish my golf was as consistent:LOL:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just tuned in to Attenborough-'The Mating Game'....can't help being amazed at the standard of photography ( and how the hell they manage to get such stunning footage-see the opening passage of the Humpback Whales-absolutely stunning)(y)
Don't think him and his crews have ever made a bad series??

Wish my golf was as consistent:LOL:
Try the Great escape

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Been watching and quite enjoying Sense8 on Netflix. A bit odd in parts, a fair bit of good action, a fair bit of adult content. Written and directed by the Wachowskis (of Matrix fame), which may explain some of the content. It scores high on IMDB and is worth a watch.