TV Series - What Are You Watching?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The White Lotus on Sky Atlantic. Has kept my interest for 3 episodes which makes a change...slightly weird and slightly funny...
We watched this with my 91yr old MiL. She, and we, did enjoy it…we were surprised MiL stuck with it given its content…the only bit she didn’t like was towards the end and the manager and the suitcase ?

I read there is to be a second series, different hotel, different characters.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We watched this with my 91yr old MiL. She, and we, did enjoy it…we were surprised MiL stuck with it given its content…the only bit she didn’t like was towards the end and the manager and the suitcase ?

I read there is to be a second series, different hotel, different characters.

That scene was a bit much - we understood what he was doing and didn't need to see it!

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The Cleaner, new Greg Davies comedy on BBC1. Very strong start, if you like that sort of comedy. Enough clever comments and some laugh out loud moments.

Davies isn't a natural actor but he is funny and that will do.

Very good start as you say.
A bit of a coup getting Helena B-C to play in the first episode. Apparently the original German version lasted 7 series.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
White Lotus is certainly worth the watch.

Currently indulging in re watching Succession 1&2 in readiness for season 3 in a month or so, great television.

watched the first episode with my wife and we both thought it was rubbish. never found anything funny at any point. Cancelled the recording series link immediately. Mind you Ive never liked Jennifer Coolridge‘s awful over acting.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
watched the first episode with my wife and we both thought it was rubbish. never found anything funny at any point. Cancelled the recording series link immediately. Mind you Ive never liked Jennifer Coolridge‘s awful over acting.

Just googled her but thought I'd know who you meant from the over acting description. Indeed she did. Overall I did really enjoy the series - very quirky though.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Started the second series of Back to Life on BBC yesterday and it’s nowhere near as good as the first so far. Very disappointing.

Also found the last series of Atypical underwhelming which is sad because it was very good overall.

Looking forward to the next series of Sex Education which airs this Friday on Netflix. I’m hoping that keeps up the high standard.

I’m also a latecomer to The Witcher but after two episodes I’m not hooked at all.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watching a few series that I had recorded and not watched during lockdown. A few episodes in to Your Honour and so far it is decent enough. Just get the feeling that this could be one of those series that has a good premise but may be streched out over a couple too many episodes. Whilst I generally admire US Drama, they do prefer a longer series and so some can seem stretched, even breaking bad had to resort to filler episodes (the one about the fly for example) just because they had blown their budget but needed and extra, cheap episode.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I watched the first episode of endeavour tonight. In it there is a fashion company called Fenner Fashions. Anyone else on here as old as me, that remember in that the old comedy series “The Rag trade” was set in a clothing factory called Fenner fashions?

TexasLowHandiCap

Visit site
I've just finished watching Dexter on Netflix, 8 series and 1 year later (I've watched other things inbetween) I was so disappointed by the ending :mmm:

I've also watched all of Breaking Bad (Still the best thing i've watched) & it's spin off Better Call Saul.

Started watching Stranger Things last night as people at work had raved on and after 2 episodes I can't wait to watch it again?

What's everyone else watching at the moment and what series have you enjoyed previously?

TexasLowHandiCap

Visit site
La Casa De Papel or Money Heist. In 2018 Reed Hastings announced to the Board of Netflix. They had a Hit on their Hands that swept Central America and was taking America by Storm. Board members called out other shows names. No he said. This is a TV series from Spain. We are about to give them another Season. I fell in love with The Show. It is that good. On Season 5 now. It won't Disappoint.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Saving Lives at Sea. BBC Tuesdays 8pm. OK, I have a professional interest in the activities, but great insight into the RNLI and how a little knowledge could save your life! Worth a watch.

One of my oppos is on it tonight... works full time for HMCG and then volunteers for the RNLI. A more dedicated bloke you couldn't hope to meet. I spent the majority of my working life in Financial Services Co, and then the last 6 in Maritime Sector, the last 4 directly on SAR Comms, I feel lucky to have done so!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Started the second series of Back to Life on BBC yesterday and it’s nowhere near as good as the first so far. Very disappointing.

Also found the last series of Atypical underwhelming which is sad because it was very good overall.

Looking forward to the next series of Sex Education which airs this Friday on Netflix. I’m hoping that keeps up the high standard.

I’m also a latecomer to The Witcher but after two episodes I’m not hooked at all.

Thought Back to Life S2 ep1 was OK, enjoyed it, Ade Edmondson is somewhat sinister

Looking forward to Sex Education too.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Finished s2 of B2L yesterday - think you’ll enjoy it despite your reservations. We did.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Watched the first episode, enjoyed it, fell asleep in the second episode..... don't know if it was any good or not??
Second one did not live up to the standard of the 1st. David Mitchell basically being David Mitchell, angry, shouty, smarty pants, just took the fun out of it. Some funny parts still but not as good. Don't bother going back and finishing it off, not worth it.

Hopefully ep3 will be back on form.