TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unpopular opinion. I watched a few line of duties

That was pants too imo.

Yanks pull the brits pants down on the telly drama front

I watched LoD in a bit of a binge over a number of weeks. I did enjoy it, but it clearly started to rely on some familiar techniques and although it was dramatic, it was rather superficial in places. One of the redeeming virtues was that it was very well cast, which saved some of the plot lines becoming a bit more unbelieveable.

Funny enough, Jed Mercurio was a junior doctor once, and one of this early pieces was a show called Cardiac Arrest about junior doctors in the NHS. At the time it was regarded as shocking and unbelievable, but to all junior doctors, it was highly believable. He was a guest at a BMA meeting and talked about writing books and for TV and the differences between the two. He also did Bodies about an Obs and Gynae ward, which started to get a bit less believable. He has a role in Strike Force on Sky and some of the elements used in that were also evident in LoD.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see that Michael K Williams was found dead earlier. Real shame.

For those that don’t know who is he I urge you in the strongest terms, watch ‘the wire’ if you do he will be imprinted in your telly addict brain for a very long long time.

It is an absolute colossus of a programme and the scale of it is mind boggling.

Michael K Williams plays Omar Little. He’s essentially a bandit who robs drug dealers.

He is possibly in my top 3 ‘anti hero’ characters of all time. A real bad SOB who you grow to adore over time.

Up there with the likes of Tony Soprano (James gandolfini) from the sopranos obviously and Al Swearengen (Ian McShane) from deadwood. Those two in my opinion are the greatest (that I have seen) but Omar Little is nipping at their heels in terms of getting you rooting for the baddie.

Big loss imo.

RIP.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Am doing a mega catch up with the 0/11 series that's on-all captured on phones, videos and pro cameras ( Bush's war room )
Jeez it's scary to try and comprehend this happening to your place!
The panic; confusion; people's reactions and the sheer mental heroism of not only the services but ordinary joes like us---I'd like to think I'd stay to help, BUT, until you're there you really don't know --DO YOU??

Pin-seeker

Visit site
As they said, there are two kinds of people - those that think The Wire is the best tv series ever made and those who haven’t seen it yet.

Omar was one real cool dude.
I couldn’t get into it ?
Tried it twice.
Think I missed the boat.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As they said, there are two kinds of people - those that think The Wire is the best tv series ever made and those who haven’t seen it yet.

Omar was one real cool dude.
Finished watching it during the first lockdown. Was gutted when I reached and last episode and there was no more to watch.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Cleaner, new Greg Davies comedy on BBC1. Very strong start, if you like that sort of comedy. Enough clever comments and some laugh out loud moments.

Davies isn't a natural actor but he is funny and that will do.