TV Series - What Are You Watching?

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Justified is quite probably my favourite TV show ever. There were so many good characters in the show, you've already highlighted some, but Mags Bennett, Wyn Duffey, Dewey Crowe, Loretta McReady, and not to mention the wonderful Sam Elliott as Avery Markham. Just writing about it makes me want to watch it again, if ever I had a man crush, it would be Raylan Givens. Top, top show and very under rated.

Yeah, I liked the first few series. I felt that, as good an actor as Sam Elliott is, the Avery Markham character/story line was just a bit too far.

I wasn't a fan of the Robert Quarles character either. I did like Mags Bennett and found Winona Hawkins easy on the eye.

Jere Burns played Wynn Duffy well, and Mikey was a good side-kick type.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Justified is quite probably my favourite TV show ever. There were so many good characters in the show, you've already highlighted some, but Mags Bennett, Wyn Duffey, Dewey Crowe, Loretta McReady, and not to mention the wonderful Sam Elliott as Avery Markham. Just writing about it makes me want to watch it again, if ever I had a man crush, it would be Raylan Givens. Top, top show and very under rated.

Dewey Crowe was a better character than it first seemed. Saw the actor who played him, an Aussie, in a Netflix series called Secret City, playing a very different character.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Cobra Kai. Bit late to the party on this, wasn't too bothered, but sitting there looking for something easy to watch last night and this filtered through.

They should have just called the The Karate Kid 5: Not The Karate Kid ?

Was never really a fan of the originals, despite seeing the first two at the flicks. Ralph Macchio was always a whiney little git.

Still sat through 3 episodes in an alcohol en fused stupor (at least that's my excuse), it was OK, nothing special, Johnny seems like he'll be the decent one this time round, still can't bring myself to like Macchio's character. It's a little OTT in the "call me Sensei" department, but that's not uncommon in the west. Probably carry o. A bit more if I can drink enough first ???

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Cobra Kai. Bit late to the party on this, wasn't too bothered, but sitting there looking for something easy to watch last night and this filtered through.

Was never really a fan of the originals, despite seeing the first two at the flicks. Ralph Macchio was always a whiney little git.

Still sat through 3 episodes in an alcohol en fused stupor (at least that's my excuse), it was OK, nothing special, Johnny seems like he'll be the decent one this time round, still can't bring myself to like Macchio's character. It's a little OTT in the "call me Sensei" department, but that's not uncommon in the west. Probably carry o. A bit more if I can drink enough first ???
You’ve just got to take it for what it is,proper cheesey but I enjoyed it.

D

Deleted member 15344

FBI and FBI Most Wanted new series

Also have Vigil to watch

Seen a trailer for a program called Help - that looks a tough watch

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site

Also have Vigil to watch

Virgil started well but after 2 episodes it's becoming a little bit predictable. I just think Suranne Jones always has the same intense expression.. Was the same on Corrie IMHO lol .

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

stick with it. It is brilliant and does not necessarily progress as you expect - both sides are flawed characters!

D-S

Visit site
White Lotus is certainly worth the watch.

Currently indulging in re watching Succession 1&2 in readiness for season 3 in a month or so, great television.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Caught up with the first two episodes of Vigil. Enjoyed it so far. The submarine setting certainly provides a different perspective.

Enjoying Shaun Evans although when i hear his voice my mind instantly thinks of Endeavour!

The chap playing Prentice always seems to play a character who is a right tool.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Also have Vigil to watch

Don’t bother watching Vigil. Absolutely gash.

Predictable hokum which portrays the mob hierarchy as a super intelligent clandestine conspirator organisation. Instead of the inept morons they really are ?o

mind you. I appreciated seeing people carrying wets down two deck with cling film wrapped around the mug.

If you know you know ?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right. 2 and 3/4 episodes in

Genuinely. The British have no idea how to make a proper drama.

Utter disjointed and unforgivable lazy mess in story telling.

total dog poo telly.