TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Big shout by the boy.

I think BB is one of the greatest shows on TV. BCS is much much better than any spin off/prequel has a right to be, but BB still reigns supreme for me.

Im with you there, BCS is good, but BB is #1. I have binge watched it 3 times now.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Big shout by the boy.

I think BB is one of the greatest shows on TV. BCS is much much better than any spin off/prequel has a right to be, but BB still reigns supreme for me.

Just another American series full of guns, drugs and violence, not everyones cup of tea

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just another American series full of guns, drugs and violence, not everyones cup of tea

Nobody has to like everything, but if that is all you saw in it, you literally lost the plot. It is, as most good shows are, about the journeys the characters go on. The Walking Dead, for example, is seen as a zombie show, but it is also a character piece.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Must admit I didn't fancy it at first, but we were hooked after persisting for a few episodes. There's some dark humour running through it.
Good story lines and some great characters, I'm now hooked on the slightly less violent spin off "Better call Saul "

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Nobody has to like everything, but if that is all you saw in it, you literally lost the plot. It is, as most good shows are, about the journeys the characters go on. The Walking Dead, for example, is seen as a zombie show, but it is also a character piece.

I never saw an episode but I saw enough clips/adverts for it to know it wasn't for me.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I never saw an episode but I saw enough clips/adverts for it to know it wasn't for me.

Trailers and clips on Youtube never give a true picture. There is violence, for sure, but it is really a character piece, Bryan Cranston is brilliant as the lead, and the camera work and direction are fantastic. Not everybody's cup of tea.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Trailers and clips on Youtube never give a true picture. There is violence, for sure, but it is really a character piece, Bryan Cranston is brilliant as the lead, and the camera work and direction are fantastic. Not everybody's cup of tea.

I'm sure it's very good but we could probably do with less gun violence on tv, not more, especially across the pond where there are more guns than people.
In the US, 19,000 people died so far this year from guns, highest figure in 20 years.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sure it's very good but we could probably do with less gun violence on tv, not more, especially across the pond where there are more guns than people.
In the US, 19,000 people died so far this year from guns, highest figure in 20 years.
It's more a story about a school teacher with terminal cancer trying to provide for his family with the help of one of his ex pupils, not all guns blazing.
Bob I really think you're missing out on an excellent series matey.:cry:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
First couple of seasons of Justified are brilliant. A role that was pretty much perfect for Timothy Oliphant (although Jacob Pitts as Tim Gunderson, brilliant dry/black humour and Nick Searcy as Art Mullen are also really good).

Season 4 onwards gets a bit outlandish but the ending to the series is very, very well done.

The portrayal of "holler" folks in the Kentucky hills is sometimes comedic and sometimes pitiful. Some great characters though and some really good stints from Walton Goggins and Jeremy Davies as Boyd Crowder and Dickie Bennett respectively.

Justified is quite probably my favourite TV show ever. There were so many good characters in the show, you've already highlighted some, but Mags Bennett, Wyn Duffey, Dewey Crowe, Loretta McReady, and not to mention the wonderful Sam Elliott as Avery Markham. Just writing about it makes me want to watch it again, if ever I had a man crush, it would be Raylan Givens. Top, top show and very under rated.