TV Series - What Are You Watching?

D

Deleted member 16999

Dave Not Coming Back - Sky Documentary telling the true story of 2 divers who take on the recovery of a dead body deep down in a freshwater cave in South Africa.

Excellent film, really compelling, well worth a watch.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished Ozark last night, really enjoyed it despite the 3rd series dragging on a bit. Not quite sure why they focused so much on the brother, it was pretty obvious where it was going from early on.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Currently watching this and enjoying it, even if it is a setup. I can't help thinking that some of the stupidity is purely intentional for TV purposes :unsure:, and maybe real farmers may look on in disdain. He does seem to chuck cash around without a second thought, I'm sure there are many farmers that couldn't afford some of those "mistakes". I'm not particularly fond of him, but it does make for fun TV, and young Caleb is the star of the show.

There is a lot of it that is set up for Clarkson to be Clarkson. But, the bast majority of it is accurate and a food reflection on life as a farmer.

Everyone I know who works in farming thinks its brilliant.

Miller

Visit site
Agreed. For all of the tomfoolery, there's a lot there that rings very true, and he does genuinely appear to learn from his mistakes, or at least understand the consequences.

I'm sure that many other "real" famers also make mistakes, or make the wrong call and also suffer the consequences - really does show just how hard it is to make money as a farmer. I'm so glad that another series has been commissioned.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Started Parks & Recreation again, watching with the wife this time as she hasn't seen it before. It occurred to me how much Lesley Knope reminds me of her as well. :LOL: So every episode I remind her of this. "That's you, that is."

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started Parks & Recreation again, watching with the wife this time as she hasn't seen it before. It occurred to me how much Lesley Knope reminds me of her as well. :LOL: So every episode I remind her of this. "That's you, that is."
Do you think you will be maried still by the end of her watching the series if you mention it every time?

Miller

Visit site
Lochdown on prime, very tired format now, put out to pasture.

I agree. Although James May opening a caravan door was the funniest thing I've seen in ages. I know it was set up, but it was performed perfectly.

But then, it reminded me just how stunningly beautiful the Outer Hebrides are (although for only 5 minutes of screen time). I was hoping for a glorious road trip through the best of the Scottish highlands and islands, but instead we got rain and stupidity.