TV Series - What Are You Watching?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Jimmy Smits.

NYPD Blue was a good show too. Titus Welliver also appeared in a short-lived cop show called Brooklyn South, which was pretty good, but maybe not distinctive enough.

Thats him, Ive found somewhere online to watch it too.
Just finished S5 SOA, its has lost its way a bit, will see it out to the end though.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
"Pretty Good" for Gomorrah is a massive understatement - one of the all-time-greatest TV shoes IMHO

It is good, but there is a house style that they overuse a bit, and you kinda know it is going to end badly for everybody sooner or later. Even something like The Wire changed the mood or the perspective a bit more.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gold Rush - Our Race To Olympic Glory, on iplayer...

Tissues needed...

That moment when they announced we'd beaten Paris to host the games...still brings goosebumps.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Clarkson's Farm. It's light hearted fun.

Currently watching this and enjoying it, even if it is a setup. I can't help thinking that some of the stupidity is purely intentional for TV purposes :unsure:, and maybe real farmers may look on in disdain. He does seem to chuck cash around without a second thought, I'm sure there are many farmers that couldn't afford some of those "mistakes". I'm not particularly fond of him, but it does make for fun TV, and young Caleb is the star of the show.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
We watched episode 1 of Clarkson's Farm as well. It was pretty funny and looks like it should be a good laugh.
Currently watching this and enjoying it, even if it is a setup. I can't help thinking that some of the stupidity is purely intentional for TV purposes :unsure:, and maybe real farmers may look on in disdain. He does seem to chuck cash around without a second thought, I'm sure there are many farmers that couldn't afford some of those "mistakes". I'm not particularly fond of him, but it does make for fun TV, and young Caleb is the star of the show.
You're absolutely right, some of is obviously scripted and set up, but it was exactly the same with the Top Gear challenges they used to do and so on. Some of it is obviously for comedic effect, but knowing that doesn't make it any worse in my opinion. Like, he knew he had to live up to his reputation in buying the Lambo tractor of course. :LOL: And yeah, wherever he found Caleb from, I think he's lucked into a great character there, funny when a 21-year-old lad was telling him off for how he cultivated a field, haha.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm sure with the money that Amazon threw at him the mistakes were part of it and easily written off. Some of it is to show, I think, the costs involved for everyday farmers and the trials and tribulations that they face. I think he is very respectful of farmers and what they do and the losses are a good way of showing this, if that makes sense.

I agree with both posts, Caleb is a real find. I hope it doesn't mess him up, we want him to stay the same local lad doing his thing.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure with the money that Amazon threw at him the mistakes were part of it and easily written off. Some of it is to show, I think, the costs involved for everyday farmers and the trials and tribulations that they face. I think he is very respectful of farmers and what they do and the losses are a good way of showing this, if that makes sense.

I agree with both posts, Caleb is a real find. I hope it doesn't mess him up, we want him to stay the same local lad doing his thing.

It has certainly opened my eyes to what farming is about. Ok, not comprehensive by all means, but enough to start my farming education!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I'm sure with the money that Amazon threw at him the mistakes were part of it and easily written off.

That's the part that annoys me. One of my uncle's is a farmer, I know how tough it has been for them at times, especially when it goes wrong and they just don't have the money to chuck at it the way Clarkson does without blinking an eye and write it off without a second thought.

Maybe that's the wrong way to look at it, it's good TV. I should just accept that

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's the part that annoys me. One of my uncle's is a farmer, I know how tough it has been for them at times, especially when it goes wrong and they just don't have the money to chuck at it the way Clarkson does without blinking an eye and write it off without a second thought.

Maybe that's the wrong way to look at it, it's good TV. I should just accept that
I've only watched the first 2 episodes but I think he is very honest and sympathetic towards other farmers and the difficulties they face. If anything just making the program brings awareness to it, I personally didn't know the first thing about farming. I'm actually finding it interesting from a learning perspective as well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
With S4 of The Handmaid’s Tale showing on Ch4 we found S3 eventually made available on All4 (we missed it when broadcast) and so now watching that … but it’s been so long since we watched S2 I’m having to do a bit of a quick refresh of S1 and S2. Pretty grim dystopian version of the US, made spookily and fearfully ‘real’ by the events of 6th Jan…apparently for S4 the writers and producers of S4 have been very aware of what happened that day.

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Started watching Zen on UKTV Play last night. Grabbed our interest as we've holidayed in Italy a few times. Interesting start, looking forward to the other 2 episodes. Rufus Sewell's voice doesnt fit his face though, sounds a lot older than he is.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Started watching Zen on UKTV Play last night. Grabbed our interest as we've holidayed in Italy a few times. Interesting start, looking forward to the other 2 episodes. Rufus Sewell's voice doesnt fit his face though, sounds a lot older than he is.
I loved that series, beautiful to watch. Annoyingly it was binned because the commissioning bod at the BBC decided there were too many white, male detective shows on the channel and Zen was the one to go ??. Plank of a decision.