TV Series - What Are You Watching?

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watching The Bay which is fairly humdrum. A bit like The Widow little seems to happen for most of the episode and then something is thrown in at the end to keep you watching! Both series are going to be those where there are 2 episodes too many.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Is nobody watching ITV's "The Widow" then? (Not seen mention of it at least). Excellent stuff touching on some dark topics & events in recent african history.

Line of Duty also at the top of the pile. Does anyone else think that they've been dropping hints to make us suspect Hastings is (possibly) a "wrong 'un" for some while now - ie even back in earlier series. But like all good series, maybe that's just what they want us to think.

The Widow is queued, had to finish off the Missing and catch up on Line of Duty. The latter is actually winding me up at the moment, for two reasons. The main bad guy constantly spouts the words "bent coppers", "get me bent coppers", "I need bent coppers" and the good guys only refer to the "OCG" or "organised crime group". Even one of the bent coppers said something along the lines of "I saw the OCG in the bushes wearing balaclavas". Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic but who talks like that? It's bugging the hell out of me.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Widow is queued, had to finish off the Missing and catch up on Line of Duty. The latter is actually winding me up at the moment, for two reasons. The main bad guy constantly spouts the words "bent coppers", "get me bent coppers", "I need bent coppers" and the good guys only refer to the "OCG" or "organised crime group". Even one of the bent coppers said something along the lines of "I saw the OCG in the bushes wearing balaclavas". Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic but who talks like that? It's bugging the hell out of me.

Gogglebox (ers?) were taking the mickey out of the amount of acronyms...or is it abbreviations...used in the last episode!

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just discovered Men Behaving Badly on Netflix very un PC these days but very funny

Absolutely adored this when it came out and me and the missus have just finished the 7th series off, who, i'm delighted to say, loved it too.

Just the last 4 episodes to go now in series 8.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well what a night and morning of two brilliant telly shows

In the Line of Duty- wow , just keeps adding twist after twist - so many fingers can be pointed at people but it’s all deliberate by the writers , it just gets better

Game of Thrones - amazing , stepped it up a little and it’s set up brilliantly for the next one - there was a point during the program that apparently had a massive google search 😂

Next week is going to be a good week for both shows

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Take heed of the Chicken Licken dialogue that Corbetts wife was reading to the kids.
My guess is Lisa, Gill and Ted are all in it together undercover, Corbett has history with Ted but misunderstood the situation hence Chicken Lickens sky falling down (all top brass are compromised).
Other than proving herself to the rest, I'm not sure why Corbett had to be killed (bring this to a close, this was the last message on the laptop and was probably directed at Lisa as Corbett didnt understand it and Corbett then gets set up and killed).

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Well what a night and morning of two brilliant telly shows

In the Line of Duty- wow , just keeps adding twist after twist - so many fingers can be pointed at people but it’s all deliberate by the writers , it just gets better

Game of Thrones - amazing , stepped it up a little and it’s set up brilliantly for the next one - there was a point during the program that apparently had a massive google search 😂

Next week is going to be a good week for both shows

Body double, clearly. That was a boob of larger magnitude than is sported by this particular 22 year old.

D

Deleted member 15344

Body double, clearly. That was a boob of larger magnitude than is sported by this particular 22 year old.
Not according to the reports - it was all her and she confirmed she could show as much or as little as she wanted. Thought it was done very well and they have made sure it’s more about her being more human than in previous series

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Not according to the reports - it was all her and she confirmed she could show as much or as little as she wanted. Thought it was done very well and they have made sure it’s more about her being more human than in previous series

Yea I read that. Maybe digitally enhanced then.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Bosch season 5...

Great show, really looking forward to this, just clearing down the backlog of The widow and Hanna.

Hanna by the way is pretty good (Amazon Prime). First episode was a bit slow, but picks up from episode two. Good to see Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos together again, they were fantastic in The Killing.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Great show, really looking forward to this, just clearing down the backlog of The widow and Hanna.

Hanna by the way is pretty good (Amazon Prime). First episode was a bit slow, but picks up from episode two. Good to see Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos together again, they were fantastic in The Killing.

Ikeep considering Hanna. Having been scarred by just how horrendously bad the movie was though, I've yet to dip in.

Currently watching Salvation on Netflix. Somehow they've made a B Movie into a TV series.