TRUMP, What the hell is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news...tone-cold-loser-before-landing-in-uk-11733909

Its amazing the level the US President goes too . The US President being disrespectful to someone called Sajid Khan is going to appeal to a big amount of his supporters

I have to say I detest Trump - probably one of the very worst leaders in the world at present. However, a throwaway question at the end of a Beeb interview a few days ago, Sadiq Khan was asked a question about Trump's visit. His reply had as much class as Trump's. Dismayed to hear Khan stoop to the same level as Trump.

As an aside, its interesting to hear Khan speak in London Council meetings. I used to think he was quite good but he comes across as a petulant child.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The Mayor's campaigned actively for Louis Farrahkan (Go and check him out) And he sanctions a march that calls for the murder of jews.

The Leader of the Opposition called HAMAS and Hezbollah "his friends"......... and met the IRA often

Offence taken about either by the staunch defenders of womens' rights, gay rights and racism??? ZERO

Trump is an arse, I have no time for him........... but he is here as the elected head of USA to commemorate D Day anniversary. Offence taken by the above group of folk

LOTS

Explain the disparity please. I am keen to listen. Or will it be dismissed as "whatbootary?" I call it hypocrisy.

D

Deleted member 15344

Try looking at what saddick Khant has said about trump in the past
Khan isn’t the “most powerful man in the world” - he is just the Mayor of London. Will be interesting to see if what Khan has said about Trump is any different to what a lot of people have said about him - but either way Potus should be rising above it instead of acting like a teenager on twitter

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I see Mr Corbyn is to speak at an anti-Trump rally. What an earth is his problem with acting with an element of statesmanship?

Trump is here because of WW2 as a long-term military ally.

I despair that we have senior political figures like him and Khan representing the UK opposition and City of London. The one bit of luck is that Trump probably couldn't give a stuff (hopefully).

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Khan isn’t the “most powerful man in the world” - he is just the Mayor of London. Will be interesting to see if what Khan has said about Trump is any different to what a lot of people have said about him - but either way Potus should be rising above it instead of acting like a teenager on twitter[/QUOTE

Surely “Khant” as mayor of London should not act like a child either and rise above it

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I see Mr Corbyn is to speak at an anti-Trump rally. What an earth is his problem with acting with an element of statesmanship?

Trump is here because of WW2 as a long-term military ally.

I despair that we have senior political figures like him and Khan representing the UK opposition and City of London. The one bit of luck is that Trump probably couldn't give a stuff (hopefully).

Just imagine the uproar and toy throwing by the kids if it was the other way round and trump refused to meet old man steptoe and khant

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

My biggest issue with the stance that Corbyn has decided to take is that he and the Labour Party have said that when the new leader of the Conservatives is chosen they will bring a motion of no confidence against whoever that might be. If that succeeds and Labour win the general election that would probably follow then Corbyn will be PM and I'm not sure that his current stance is exactly conducive to fostering good relations between the UK and the US.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What's wrong with gentle protest? Isn't it the right of any democracy, to be able to protest? Its not a yellow vest riot...
Flying a balloon representing the US president in a nappy isn't gentle protesting IMHO, Its immature and highly insulting. If people want to protest against him then there are more grown up ways of doing it.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
As the lady on the Politics show said to the stupid Labour woman, not exactly this but the drift was.....Look stupid, if want the US to continue to support you when you go in to wars, we being your biggest allie, I suggest you shut your stupid mouth.

And yet the stupid labour woman continued to spout her utter drivel. If Labour win a GE with the bunch of idiots currently rising to the top, the country will collapse as the amount of money that will vanish from bank accounts held here in to safer places like the US will ensure there will be none here to fund the stupid things Labour will want to do to bankrupt the country, as they always do. Even Blair ended up doing it, and I thought he was good....until it turned out he was as mad as the rest of them.

D

Deleted member 15344

As the lady on the Politics show said to the stupid Labour woman, not exactly this but the drift was.....Look stupid, if want the US to continue to support you when you go in to wars, we being your biggest allie, I suggest you shut your stupid mouth.

And yet the stupid labour woman continued to spout her utter drivel. If Labour win a GE with the bunch of idiots currently rising to the top, the country will collapse as the amount of money that will vanish from bank accounts held here in to safer places like the US will ensure there will be none here to fund the stupid things Labour will want to do to bankrupt the country, as they always do. Even Blair ended up doing it, and I thought he was good....until it turned out he was as mad as the rest of them.
Are these the wars that we go in because of the US ?

If there is a way we can stop following the US into their wars then I’m all for it - will stop British Armed Forces guys and girls getting killed

Status
Not open for further replies.