Trump to buy a new golf club........Turnberry!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
All this talk of "He'll rip the place up and spoil it" is pie in the sky.

As previously said we are still awaiting proof of the courses he has 'damaged'.....still waiting because all the investments he has made golf course wise have either produced cracking golf courses or enhanced the product that was already there but as I said earlier in the thread don't let the facts get in the way of the faux outrage.

Anyone care to comment on the R&A's plans to build 2 new holes on the masterpiece that is Royal Portrush so they can accommodate their hospitality and corporate tents when they hopefully finally get to hold the Open there again............

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think his dream of hosting The Open is too great for him to want to negatively alter the course (unless of course his long term plan is to get Trump International onto the rota by eliminating those currently on it!)

P.S. Turnberry not only already has a helipad but there's also 2 and a bit runways running through the site!

D

Deleted member 15344

Think his dream of hosting The Open is too great for him to want to negatively alter the course (unless of course his long term plan is to get Trump International onto the rota by eliminating those currently on it!)

P.S. Turnberry not only already has a helipad but there's also 2 and a bit runways running through the site!

He won't touch the courses - he isn't daft

I don't ever see an Open being played at a course called "Trump International"

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site

Agree! As daft as it sounds (double meaning?) he's named it badly to ever be considered, maybe when he sells up the next person/group in will give it a proper Scottish course name!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

he's already publicly stated that........more than once, unless requested by the R&A.

is it not still going to be called Turnberry?

so all your fears are allayed :whoo:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

What it will be mate is "The Trump British Open Championship At Turnberry" complete with helipad on a par 3, Tom Morris will be turning in his grave......
Lets hope the R&A take Turnberry off the Open rosta and call his bluff ;)

Last edited:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
he's already publicly stated that........more than once, unless requested by the R&A.

is it not still going to be called Turnberry?

so all your fears are allayed :whoo:
Oh and you believe him :rolleyes:, what you need to do is look into the history of Donald Trump and then comment.....

C

c1973

What it will be mate is "The Trump British Open Championship At Turnberry" complete with helipad on a par 3, Tom Morris will be turning in his grave......

1) The R&A wouldn't host such a tournament, so that's nonsense.
2) Its been pointed out it already has a helipad (and a runway), so that comment will be nonsense too.
3) Assuming you reckon Tom Morris designed it, hence him spinning in his grave, well I think it was Willie Fernie who layed it out. So, let me see, ah yes, that will be more nonsense.

You sir have posted nothing but nonsense on this thread (rollercoasters, pah!). Imvho of course. :)

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
For goodness sake Shivas...........calm down.

Trump needs the R&A on side......and..........VERY BIG........ AND.....it is the golf club who host the event not the owners.

RichardSanderson

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Oh and you believe him :rolleyes:, what you need to do is look into the history of Donald Trump and then comment.....

I've looked into his golf course development and ownership history and it seems pretty good to me. Anything else isn't relevant at all.

I can't quite believe you're still trying to argue your point without evidence of any kind.

D

Deleted member 15344

It wont be - thankfully the R&A are a stuffy bunch of old farts and wont ever allow that to happen.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Will it ever get to the point though where money really does talk. If he came along and said to the R&A, "here you go chaps have £xm to develop the game or do what you like but let me do what I want to Turnberry (or another course) and I want to host the Open" will they always be in a position to say no? Not saying it will ever happen but I'm just trying to think of a real worse case scenario with Trump as the real bad guy

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Enough historys been destroyed in this country....

Before complaining about the destruction of the English (well UK in this case - at least in the short term) history, you should sort out your own problem with the English language - apostrophes in particular!

Sure it's to make money. He would be completely daft if he tried to make a loss! Doral was apparently a great improvement. The course he created in Aberdeen is fabulous and I'm certain his ownership of Turnberry will be positive for Golf and the area.

He may be an arrogant, single minded, vain Yank with a few dodgy associates, but as a provider of Hotels with Golf, he's pretty much second to none! I don't like the guy and detest some of his methods, but as a facilities provider, he's up there with the best! He won't change anything Open related without R&A approval, because they have the power to simply drop the course from the rota - something his money can't buy!

Take comfort in the fact that not only is there a area identified for a possible wind-farm, but the presence of Oil was identified a while ago too - drilling stopped by MOD purportedly because of the passage of subs, but possibly because of all the junk they've dumped in that area! Trump wouldn't be the largest environmental vandal! A dirty great platform and derrick would put a few wind turbines to shame for 'spoiling the view'!