Trump to buy a new golf club........Turnberry!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I love the way folk are saying he’s going to bring folk to Ayrshire. Yes I’m sure he will, as no Americans have ever heard of Turnberry, Royal Troon or Prestwick!!!!

And as for Trump spending his own cash, I’m not sure that’s the case, he used others money to develop these places and his business is property development, so there has to be some sort of angle here.

The place in Aberdeen was all about building a hotel and a load of houses, that’s all gone south so no doubt that course will be sold sharpish.

He hasn’t bought this place out of the goodness of his heart ;) it’s to make money, pure and simple.

C

c1973

I love the way folk are saying he’s going to bring folk to Ayrshire. Yes I’m sure he will, as no Americans have ever heard of Turnberry, Royal Troon or Prestwick!!!!

And as for Trump spending his own cash, I’m not sure that’s the case, he used others money to develop these places and his business is property development, so there has to be some sort of angle here.

The place in Aberdeen was all about building a hotel and a load of houses, that’s all gone south so no doubt that course will be sold sharpish.

He hasn’t bought this place out of the goodness of his heart ;) it’s to make money, pure and simple.

Well, I said MORE tourists, I'm pretty sure a lot of American golfers have heard of these places :rolleyes: You ain't exactly falling over them here though and we could be. The point being made is that Trump could be the man to market the area better.

He gets the place on a better footing and sells for a profit. No problem with that.

After Salmonds stitch up with the wind farm I hope Trump does move out sharpish, I would!

Of course it's about making money, it always is. :)

Oh, and a few more visiting yanks might keep my subs down! :whistle:

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

There was a very good BBC documentary about Trumps Aberdeen course, basically it was all about money, putting in as little as possible to set up the place, gain planning permission by bullying the local council to increase the value of the place, and now like you say the course will be sold but at vast profit with the housing planning permission gained. Its all about money not golf, lookout Turnberry!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

very strange post:confused:

Pretty sure 100% of us realise that so not sure what point you were trying to make, apart from an obvious one.

C

c1973

There was a very good BBC documentary about Trumps Aberdeen course, basically it was all about money, putting in as little as possible to set up the place, gain planning permission by bullying the local council to increase the value of the place, and now like you say the course will be sold but at vast profit with the housing planning permission gained. Its all about money not golf, lookout Turnberry!

And you didn't perceive that documentary to be a little one sided, perhaps even biased?

All about money? Turnberry received massive investment ( Dubai based? I'm unsure) prior to the last Open it held. The place was an absolute mess. Without that investment I believe it would have lost its Open status.
Was that investment acceptable?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

another strange post:confused:

we all know they are business's and all business's have to make profit, break even or fail.

You and ptrick158 seem to have it in your heads business's own resort courses for charitable causes but watch out cause Trump doesn't:lol:
What a very strange view of business:rolleyes:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
very strange post:confused:

Pretty sure 100% of us realise that so not sure what point you were trying to make, apart from an obvious one.

not at all, some of you are getting all dewy eyed about what a great thing this is for Ayrshire and the course.

I'm saying its to make money for one D Trump and nothing else.

you just couldn't help yourself could you:rofl::rofl:

C

c1973

not at all, some of you are getting all dewy eyed about what a great thing this is for Ayrshire and the course.

I'm saying its to make money for one D Trump and nothing else.

you just couldn't help yourself could you:rofl::rofl:

Aye, silly me, hoping investment might be good for the area.:rolleyes:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Aye, silly me, hoping investment might be good for the area.:rolleyes:

yup, me too, very silly. We should learn from patrick and moan about 'outsiders' and 'investment' and make up negative aspects even though theres no facts or evidence to support it:rolleyes:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
yup, me too, very silly. We should learn from patrick and moan about 'outsiders' and 'investment' and make up negative aspects even though theres no facts or evidence to support it:rolleyes:

is this the same investment he made in Abderdeen, when he used contractors from Ireland, and was planning on enclosed site until he didn't get his own way.

I hope it does bring some investment to the area, but im not looking though rose tinted specs;)

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
is this the same investment he made in Abderdeen, when he used contractors from Ireland, and was planning on enclosed site until he didn't get his own way.

I hope it does bring some investment to the area, but im not looking though rose tinted specs;)

Our company worked for Trump at Menie and we aint Irish!

D

Deleted member 15344

I just don't like the guys attitude towards people when he doesn't get his own way

He obviously likes his golf which I can't fault - no idea about what he has done with Doral

It's obvious with The Trump Links he wanted to build a course that had an immediate entrance into the open rota but that was never going to happen and now he has bought his way onto the Open rota

Trump Turnberry ?! I'll give it a miss now