Trump int'l / Carnoustie, April/May 2016

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Give us a write up on the other 17 holes, as well Ian.....;)

I think is a top three contender for "trump trip - ultimate gaffs".

Juniors 7 putt and RickG's 6 putt on a massive green, are the other contenders - anyone else?

Glyn helicoptered a club into the rough then battered his bag with the remaining head cover after skulling yet another terrible shot into a bunker at Carnoustie :D

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Give us a write up on the other 17 holes, as well Ian.....;)

I think is a top three contender for "trump trip - ultimate gaffs".

Juniors 7 putt and RickG's 6 putt on a massive green, are the other contenders - anyone else?
Didn't someone hit out of a bunker, hit their trolley and have the ball come back into the bunker ? Ring a bell Peter ?:whistle:

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Carnoustie was fantastic, top 3 course for me behind Muirfield and Royal Birkdale. I would never tire of playing any of them.

Hogans Alley, driver, driver 3w 7i, 9i, 54, 54 and that'll do for me

D

Deleted member 1740

Carnoustie was fantastic, top 3 course for me behind Muirfield and Royal Birkdale. I would never tire of playing any of them.

Hogans Alley, driver, driver 3w 7i, 9i, 54, 54 and that'll do for me

Carnoustie is behind Turnberry for me, though I loved carnoustie.

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
You might wiggle out on a technicality but, in your heart of hearts, you know the horrible truth..... :D

It was Peters fault. I was through the back of the green with the flag on the bottom tier....he said whatever you do don't leave it on the top tier.......so I didn't!:eek: the rest was just a comedy of errors, but sounds like Glynns got all 3 top spots sewn up..:rofl:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It was Peters fault. I was through the back of the green with the flag on the bottom tier....he said whatever you do don't leave it on the top tier.......so I didn't!:eek: the rest was just a comedy of errors, but sounds like Glynns got all 3 top spots sewn up..:rofl:

As Kaz said, a shot with a putter is a putt, ergo 6 putts, my friend.:thup:

Guilty as charged, I did say dont leave it on the the top tier, not knowing you would hammer it down about 4 other tiers.

The green (and surrounds) had more tiers than a wedding cake.:whoo:

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
Instead of helping yourself to free tees, pencils, etc. (As we did) listen to the starter say 'stay right on most of the holes & you won't go wrong'. Instead of hooking your 1st shot into Barrie Burn & asking 'is that alright?' Only to be met with a stonewall 'you can drop this side of the hazard. Have a good round gentlemen...' :swing:
Playing Carnoustie on thursday in a club match ,looking forward to it now, not played it for a couple of years

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
How does this work in relation to double greens? Hit a beauty 5 iron rescue into 14 at Carnoustie (spectacles) only to find it barely holding onto the 7th green. My watch gave me 57yards to centre of 14th green. Sadly I'd left my bag some 70 yards away & only had my putter with me. Managed 55 yards with my 1st swing, followed by 5 foot & a knee-knocking 18" putt for bogey #Best3PuttEver :D