Travelling to Turkey

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
For those travelling to Turkey, from March 2nd, Turkey has announced they will no longer require travellers from the UK to apply for a visa allowing entry for up to 90 days per 180 day period. (This is rather unfortunate as I applied and paid for mine last week for my trip in April.)

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Whenever I’ve been to Turkey, you just get the visa stamp at the Turkish airport, costs about £10, pay your cash rubber stamp, no questions asked ?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Whenever I’ve been to Turkey, you just get the visa stamp at the Turkish airport, costs about £10, pay your cash rubber stamp, no questions asked ?

Must have been a while ago...its cost a lot more than a tenner in recent years....plus you don't have to stand in a seperate queue to pay the tenner before rejoining the main queue.

Still....all irrelevant now.....just wondering how many of our group who are going in May have been ultra organised and allready paid!!!

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I organise a couple of tours a year to Turkey, will save me a lot of hassle checking up on people

The first year I ran the tour, even though I sent everyone step by step instructions including a link to the official website, one guy still bought his from a dodgy site :rolleyes: cost him double though!!!

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Feeling smug now. Also off to Belek in April but hadn't got round to applying for the visa.
Yep me too off over there with the family for Easter, and hadn’t done the visas yet.

While we’re on the subject, I’m hoping to get a round or 2 in, any particular courses that are recommended?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep me too off over there with the family for Easter, and hadn’t done the visas yet.

While we’re on the subject, I’m hoping to get a round or 2 in, any particular courses that are recommended?

Don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

My personal favourites are The National and The Pasha but cant complain at any of the others I've played (Sultan, Lykia Links, Montgomerie, Gloria New, Carya, Faldo, Nobilis).

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

My personal favourites are The National and The Pasha but cant complain at any of the others I've played (Sultan, Lykia Links, Montgomerie, Gloria New, Carya, Faldo, Nobilis).
great thanks, the Montgomerie was one I was looking at based on the fact it was the Turkish open venue. Do you know how far in advance you need to book tee times? Or can i book them once I’m in the resort?
cheers

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
great thanks, the Montgomerie was one I was looking at based on the fact it was the Turkish open venue. Do you know how far in advance you need to book tee times? Or can i book them once I’m in the resort?
cheers

Nothing wrong with it but I'd consider The Montogmerie as one of the weakest of all the courses I listed!!! :D

I usually go with a group where we have all our rounds booked in advance, but on occasion we have decided to play an additional round once we have got there....on these occasions we've been able to ring up the day before but were pretty much at the mercy of what courses/tee times are available. If you are staying at the Maxx Royal or Voyage hotels then you might get a bit of priority regarding the Montgomerie.