Travel to Portugal

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
UK doesn’t require any test to leave the country……
It depends on where you are going to.

The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry a pre-travel declaration form and one of the following: a negative COVID-19 test; or proof of vaccination.

As of 8 August, travellers aged 12 and over arriving in the Netherlands from the UK via aeroplane, ferry, passenger car, train or bus must follow one of the following two options:
  • show a negative PCR test result (taken no more than 48 hours before departure);
  • or show a negative antigen test result (taken no more than 24 hours before departure).
These requirements also apply to travellers who are fully vaccinated.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It depends on where you are going to.

The Spanish government requires all arrivals to Spain from the UK to present on entry a pre-travel declaration form and one of the following: a negative COVID-19 test; or proof of vaccination.

As of 8 August, travellers aged 12 and over arriving in the Netherlands from the UK via aeroplane, ferry, passenger car, train or bus must follow one of the following two options:
  • show a negative PCR test result (taken no more than 48 hours before departure);
  • or show a negative antigen test result (taken no more than 24 hours before departure).
These requirements also apply to travellers who are fully vaccinated.

You seem to be referring to Spain and not the UK here…..not reading the words as usual…..

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
You seem to be referring to Spain and not the UK here…..not reading the words as usual…..
You said "UK doesn’t require any test to leave the country……"
I was simply pointing out that a test may be required in order to get out of the UK in order to enter another country. Both quotes mentioned "from the UK "

G1z1

Visit site

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I see you conveniently left out the quotes that say it could possibly stop the spread :D why don’t you post studies with facts and proof ?

So what are your thoughts on the spread of the virus and how it can/could be reduced?

Last edited:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I don’t have any thoughts on it. I just wanted to know how KenL has access to all these facts

I don't have any numbers but I am happy to go by the advice of the likes of CDC and what the government tell us.
That is that being vaccinated reduces the spread of the disease and lessens the likelihood of serious illness.

What do you think? Are you too scared to leave the house?

G1z1

Visit site
I don't have any numbers but I am happy to go by the advice of the likes of CDC and what the government tell us.
That is that being vaccinated reduces the spread of the disease and lessens the likelihood of serious illness.

What do you think? Are you too scared to leave the house?
:D Pretty sure the government are not saying that or the cdc. Show me where they say it’s fact and back it up please ? I am that scared to leave the house I’ve been 6 holidays in the past 18 months but I do sometimes wear a mask to watch the news in my home alone :D

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
:D Pretty sure the government are not saying that or the cdc. Show me where they say it’s fact and back it up please ? I am that scared to leave the house I’ve been 6 holidays in the past 18 months but I do sometimes wear a mask to watch the news in my home alone :D

So, what is the point of vaccination?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Plenty of this in the Covid thread. Do we need more? :) I guess the current regime of testing either suits you or it doesn't.

Spoke to our mate who lives near Palmares over the weekend. He says there are lots of bookings on Palmares in Sept, so plenty of folk seem prepared to do the tests and travel.