Transport around the course

Bermuda

Visit site
I have had a few operations on my right foot from a motorcycle accident which means walking more than 9 is not possible, I want to buy something that is not a converted mobility scooter and thought I had found it in the Golf Board but it is £6.5k, any other suggestions would be most welcome

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First you must think about storage.
Does your club have storage and charging facilities for it.?
If not you need a trailer and tow bar.
I have used the three wheel ones and they are great.
But a four wheeled one is more stable
Ask the lads at your club ,can you have a go of theirs ( if there are any)
the G3 rider is brilliant three wheels
The Bug-ease is a great four wheeled option.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The are 3 guys at the Kings who jokingly get called the hells Angels, all have diff type of veh, one looks like just a chair with wheels and a bar to steer, one looks like a mobility scooter.... but the 3rd is quite impressive, 3 wheeled motorbike, with the 2 wheels and the clubs on the front, cost him 2K i thing he said, he also has a pick up truck and it goes on the back

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The are 3 guys at the Kings who jokingly get called the hells Angels, all have diff type of veh, one looks like just a chair with wheels and a bar to steer, one looks like a mobility scooter.... but the 3rd is quite impressive, 3 wheeled motorbike, with the 2 wheels and the clubs on the front, cost him 2K i thing he said, he also has a pick up truck and it goes on the back
I wonder if they could be road legal so you could drive to the course on it .
No need for a trailer.
Depends on range of course. There ,18 holes then home again.
Have seen people on the roads in the US but never here.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I wonder if they could be road legal so you could drive to the course on it .
No need for a trailer.
Depends on range of course. There ,18 holes then home again.
Have seen people on the roads in the US but never here.
the mobility scooter type must already be, you see plenty trundling along the roads up here. the 3 wheeler i suppose could no different to a Quad Bike really, just a prov and insurance

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

sev112

Tour Winner
Visit site
We were walking through the woods opposite Bearwood Lakes one day in the summer, and I guy came through on a Segway with a bag on the front In the direction of the course
@PNWokingham - is he one of yours?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I have had a few operations on my right foot from a motorcycle accident which means walking more than 9 is not possible, I want to buy something that is not a converted mobility scooter and thought I had found it in the Golf Board but it is £6.5k, any other suggestions would be most welcome

Golf boards are great. Tried one out for a round at the Grove a few years back, best fun on a golf course ever. But, as you have already found out, stupidly expensive.

These babies are about half the price and look like a lot more fun, certainly on my list if I ever come into some money.

https://www.phatgolfscooters.com/#:...environmental damage of playing a golf course.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I know the OP has a medical condition with his damaged foot but he needs to bear in mind its coming to winter time and courses often put a ban on buggies when it gets really wet. Need to bear that in mind and seeing if the club will still allow any sort of vehicle on the course