Tourist Sauce: The Old Course.

D

Deleted member 21258

Looks a fantastic place to be a member of!!

Agreed, enjoyed the Nairn video and the castle Stuart one.

Isn't it great when a member takes time out to spend or makes you feel welcome at a club you visit, certainly something I want to make sure I improve in myself and to when I see people at a club.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Agreed, enjoyed the Nairn video and the castle Stuart one.

Isn't it great when a member takes time out to spend or makes you feel welcome at a club you visit, certainly something I want to make sure I improve in myself and to when I see people at a club.
well you will have a reason to come back in 2020 when all the changes are complete.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the Tourist Sauce stuff is a great little travel blog to give you an idea of what to do and what to play if you were organising a trip.

I'm sure a LOT of work has gone into the planning, filming and production of these and for me they are very watchable and if you had never been to Scotland, would give you a great idea of what was possible or what courses might move onto your agenda, other than the Open Courses.

Personally I'm happy having an idea of how their golf is going and the Cullen one in particular where DJ and Soly had a playoff hole for the winner on the day was enjoyable.

I have heard them discussing doing and filming shot by shot matches for YT and they are dead against this as they realise that it doesn't make for good content to see handicap golfers making double bogeys.

If you want that type of thing, then watch Mark Crossfield, although you will note very quickly that they pretty much pick up as soon as they can't make par.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I see why you think that but I guess with the traffic that they get and the same with Turnberry they want to make sure the courses in is tip top condition once they get the full paying guests at the start of the season.

It’s an evil necessity I guess. After playing both on mats its not bothered me.

Just watched.

Did they capture the place well Patrick?

From afar, seems like they did.

Way the video was shot is a great example of what separates the NLU stuff from other drivel.

HughJars

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Greens at Cullen looked Tom Kite.
Didn't play it last year, but did the two years prior for the first time. After such a big build up, I was underwhelmed with the place. Yes it's very different, but it's just not very good. And yes the greens were tom tit, and that was before the flooding issues they had last winter. Don't like to put down courses in the north east, but while not the worst, it's not that great either.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep. I don't think it sits well.
I have no problem with them flogging Callaway clubs and BMW cars, but this is not the same imho.

I'm sure it fits their views and they are entitled to them.

Also went out of their way to explain both sides to the story.

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Great episode to finish season 2. Nice to see they are proud of it. I’m looking forward to watching there next series Wild world of golf which starts tomorrow. I’ve a feeling that’s going to be hilarious :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i'd like to see more of the courses rather than hacking TBH. I'm not sure i would watch them unless it was a course i wanted to see