Tourist Sauce: The Old Course.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Never realised, if you wait in the queue, then you are allocated a tee time when they open up and you come back at that tee time. Good idea.

Thought you have to sit there all night and then day, DOH!

I was glad to see people showing the queue as I'll probably end up doing it next year. It did surprise me that I only saw one bag of clubs there? What if they say that you're out in the first few groups?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I imagine their clubs would have been in their car.

I didn't realise you are allocated a tee time and can then come back when it's your slot either, makes a lot more sense that! Would love to do it personally, just for the experience.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Caught up with these now. The latest one at Cullen was great. It’s looks really quirky and fun to play. Has anyone played there...??

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Caught up with these now. The latest one at Cullen was great. It’s looks really quirky and fun to play. Has anyone played there...??
its ok if you are in the area, some very quirky holes around the Boar, but i would't drive from here to play it, so def wouldn't from where you are;)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
its ok if you are in the area, some very quirky holes around the Boar, but i would't drive from here to play it, so def wouldn't from where you are;)

Yeah , I know it’s no top 100. Just looks fun. I did the same when I was at Gleneagles and drove out to play 9 at Comrie and then Muthill.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I love visiting Scotland. These vids give a sense of how much fun it is. I'm just a bit concerned that the septic world is getting a slightly skewed idea of Scottish summer weather and course conditions...

TheDork

Visit site

Played it quite a few times as a boy as we used to holiday up that way when I was a kid. Sent my brother the vid, which he reminded me it was the first place he'd ever broke 70 with a 67.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Yeah , I know it’s no top 100. Just looks fun. I did the same when I was at Gleneagles and drove out to play 9 at Comrie and then Muthill.

I think Muthill may have closed now? Not 100% sure on that.

I played Comrie about a month ago, it wasn't a bad track, some good/fun holes.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Edit : just checked and the website seems to suggest that they are still going. My bad.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

I really enjoyed it. I think we paid a tenner too. It’s nice dropping on courses like this.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great memories of Elie, such a good golf course.

Cullen looks great too, loads of fun. That Tom Morris chap must have known a bit about golf.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I think it is really good that they have included a few courses that you would say are 'off the beaten track'.

So many people come to Scotland and think you have to spend £200 to get a 'decent' course.

In reality, if you get the weather there are hundreds of enjoyable places to play that people from many other countries would never have experienced. Cullen website is offering a ticket for £100 per week!

Ok, so it's a short course with ton of par 3s - but in actual fact could be great for a family holiday in the north east and those interested in golf can play a round in 2.5 hours and not necessarily have golf domaine the holiday.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Just watched his Dunbar one today, it was the best yet. I know Paul very well, he is a young gentleman a d his bad was a wonderful teaching professional too.