Tourist Sauce: The Old Course.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Castle Stuart is up now and it brings back some good memories of playing there. Then Nairn will be the next one after that. I’m going to watch the Australia trip aswell. Great yout7be channel !!!!

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Castle Stuart is up now and it brings back some good memories of playing there. Then Nairn will be the next one after that. I’m going to watch the Australia trip aswell. Great yout7be channel !!!!
Neil's commentary is on point....

Love seeing these courses. Combination of fond memories and planning upcoming trips.

xreyuk

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I still don't get the buzz with these guys.

I'm not saying their videos are bad, their production is very good, but out of the 4 or 5 videos I've watched, their content seems very bland and lacking, like they don't actually show much. They certainly don't show much golf.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

I'm not saying their videos are bad, their production is very good, but out of the 4 or 5 videos I've watched, their content seems very bland and lacking, like they don't actually show much. They certainly don't show much golf.
Why would you want to watch choppers play golf. The videos just give an impression of a place, and an impression of what an American tourist might expect.

Visit site
If you want to watch the golf aspect - 'golfholics' is better
They play some wonderful US - mainly California - courses and its often a shot-by-shot display with protracer type add-ons
Production is very good and its quite pretty to look at (they are quite good players but usually underclub to the green with their 150 yard 'baby cut' 9 irons)

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Why would you want to watch choppers play golf. The videos just give an impression of a place, and an impression of what an American tourist might expect.
Agree with this as mentuoned above Golfholics are good if you want to see shot by shot play.

I haven't seen the latest 'Tourest Sauce' episodes yet but have thoroughly enjoyed their content so far. Their episodes at ToC, Kilspindie, N.Berwick & Mussleburgh especially capture the unique experiences each offer. Oh and they clearly love the game and come across as quite authentic - think they're doing a great job and get the balance just right without any stupidity trying to be too 'edgy'.

D

Deleted member 15717

I think for NLU, it’s more of the craic and the laugh rather than pure golf. Much prefer the cutaway shots and chat to just golf all video long.

Randy’s ‘Mental miss’ is brilliant...and Neil’s ‘Icarito’ in another video series had me in stitches

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nlu is more than just the YouTube. It's the Twitter and the pods as well. Rather like crossfield and his posse, the vids are more interesting if you're already familiar with the characters and their place in the scheme of things.

Not that it's must-watch or anything, but with a bit of backstory it's more of a thing than if you just watch them as standalone vids.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree if you are watching just for pure golf shots you are not going to get it and that's not what NLU is all about. I love their take on golf, they have found something that was lacking in the golf media side of things and ran with it. If you listen to Soly on the earn your edge podcast he details the story of how they started and its an interesting listen.

I can understand why people wouldn't get it if they just watched this and knew nothing else of the guys, as it can all seem a bit random, but if you have the back story and you can guarantee that anyone that has listened has a favourite of the gang. Tron and Randy are mine favourites.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Having a little flog around here today. Weather is set very fair too. Just currently in the Links Trust clubhouse having breakfast.
Cool. Out of curiosity, I assume you are on mats. How much did it detract from the experience? With booking being so random at the popular times, I'm thinking that winter is the only time I'll get there. I see no fun in playing golf on 4 hours sleep so the walk up won't work. (I've done it too often, and I hate it!!)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Cool. Out of curiosity, I assume you are on mats. How much did it detract from the experience? With booking being so random at the popular times, I'm thinking that winter is the only time I'll get there. I see no fun in playing golf on 4 hours sleep so the walk up won't work. (I've done it too often, and I hate it!!)

Links on matts is a disgrace.

D

Deleted member 17920

It didn’t detract from his experience, he didn’t hit a fairway all day 😛

D

Deleted member 17920

Links on matts is a disgrace.
I see why you think that but I guess with the traffic that they get and the same with Turnberry they want to make sure the courses in is tip top condition once they get the full paying guests at the start of the season.

It’s an evil necessity I guess. After playing both on mats its not bothered me.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Next episode is out tonight - at Nairn
watched it last night, looks like they enjoyed it. Not sure which burn they are taking about on the 3rd though???

FYI the reason the 5th tee is behind the 4th green is erosion, tee used to be 50 yards further over, you can almost still see where it was on the drone shot, well the rocks still remain.

And Sharpie was still in the same spot in the bar wearing the same top yesterday;)

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
watched it last night, looks like they enjoyed it. Not sure which burn they are taking about on the 3rd though???

FYI the reason the 5th tee is behind the 4th green is erosion, tee used to be 50 yards further over, you can almost still see where it was on the drone shot, well the rocks still remain.

And Sharpie was still in the same spot in the bar wearing the same top yesterday;)
Looks a fantastic place to be a member of!!

gregbwfc

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Still the best trip we've done imo mate.
Just starting to work through these, really enjoyable.