Tourist Sauce: The Old Course.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never seen these lads before but massively enjoyed that. Nostalgia buzz a big part of that 😉

D

Deleted member 15717

The whole series is brilliant, and all their content is excellent. It’s the only podcast I subscribe to

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
They are great! It’s like they just “get” golf. Been following them since Soly was on the Scottish Golf podcast talking about getting on and playing the old course.

Seeing the video content over the last year, well the production quality and editing has gone through the roof. I thought that the EuropeanTour has really good content but these lads are taking it to another level.

Can’t wait for next Tuesday to watch the next one

chimpo1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The videos are quality viewing and the podcasts also. The boys are onto something, they know their market. The Australia tourist sauce is fab. Neil is hilarious.

D

Deleted member 15717

The videos are quality viewing and the podcasts also. The boys are onto something, they know their market. The Australia tourist sauce is fab. Neil is hilarious.

Icarito!!

The last episode of the ‘Strapped’ series had me in fits of laughter

Grantley1988

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There forum the refuge is starting to build now. There is a worldwide NlU society which is building now. Several people from the Uk are arranging a game in April next year.

D

Deleted member 15717

There forum the refuge is starting to build now. There is a worldwide NlU society which is building now. Several people from the Uk are arranging a game in April next year.

Just signed up to The Refuge, trying to get my head around the layout!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Love their content and their refreshing view on a lot of things.

Got slightly annoyed at their dismissive view of the Europeans in the Ryder Cup and they really don't get the pedigree of the European Tour and that the easy birdie fest sets ups in the US lead to a certain style of player, which is why the Europeans have won so many Ryder Cups.

Even after they had been pumped royally, Soly in particular was sticking to his view that the US team was 'the greatest collection of talent ever assembled' rather than delving deeper into the numerous factors that lead to such a one sided victory.

Potentially if golf is going to become fashionable and lead to a lot of interest among young people - then these guys may well have a lot to do with that, far more so that traditional golf broadcasts or sports reports.

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
It's an interesting point about the RC players as ive never met a player yet who doesnt like scoring lots of birdies and likes missing lots of narrow fairways.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Got slightly annoyed at their dismissive view of the Europeans in the Ryder Cup and they really don't get the pedigree of the European Tour and that the easy birdie fest sets ups in the US lead to a certain style of player, which is why the Europeans have won so many Ryder Cups.

Even after they had been pumped royally, Soly in particular was sticking to his view that the US team was 'the greatest collection of talent ever assembled' rather than delving deeper into the numerous factors that lead to such a one sided victory.

Potentially if golf is going to become fashionable and lead to a lot of interest among young people - then these guys may well have a lot to do with that, far more so that traditional golf broadcasts or sports reports.

Agreed, I love Soly, but the post Ryder-Cup podcast was unbelievably salty.

Randy's my personal favourite, absolutely love him. Took a while to grow to him but the Tiger Trap Draw pod, his comments on the Scotland wrap-up where he talked about when they saw Rickie was absolutely hilarious and then he was pure gold on the Strapped series. What a hero.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Really enjoying the Scottish tourist sauce vids, especially the Old Course one above, even more so after having played there in April this year. Mad me realise I didn't squeeze enough in whilst I was there though.

D

Deleted member 21258

Never realised, if you wait in the queue, then you are allocated a tee time when they open up and you come back at that tee time. Good idea.

Thought you have to sit there all night and then day, DOH!

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Never realised, if you wait in the queue, then you are allocated a tee time when they open up and you come back at that tee time. Good idea.

I have to admit, I thought the same!

Really enjoyed that video. Would love to give the course a go at some point.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i suspect the attitude would be different if they were not whupped:)

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

There is a certain romance to waiting at the pavilion for 4 hours on a mild summers night surrounded by like minded golf fanatics and seeing the sun rise on the Old Course.

Bucket list for me is to do this, as well as get a place in the ballot with a friend, or friends.