Tour X Golf

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Has anyone been to the tour X golf facility in Wigan? Thinking about pushing the boat out and having a full bag fitting here.

Have been told this will.be done over 3 sessions which is really good. Does anyone know.id the club's are built on site and given to you on the day or do they order them in?

Cheers

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has anyone been to the tour X golf facility in Wigan? Thinking about pushing the boat out and having a full bag fitting here.

Have been told this will.be done over 3 sessions which is really good. Does anyone know.id the club's are built on site and given to you on the day or do they order them in?

Cheers

Hi Karl

Imo its the best fitting facility going. Lots of shaft options , some which can be quite expensive , but Nick and Nicola know there stuff, and the after sales service is amazing.

Nick builds all the clubs onsite. Once you've been fit, Nick may already have the heads and shaft in stock , or, he may have to order them in.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worth every penny imo... Nick is a top bloke and the service you will receive is 2nd to none.
It's like total golf fitting heaven...
My mate tried to book the other day and they are full until the end of October....

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
My good friend who played off +3 drives from reading to see him. He swears blind by them. They even said he didn't need a new driver and just rectro fitted a heaver weight in the head.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Heard plenty of good story's about them not trying the hard sell. Even if I go and by some miracle my eBay bag matches my swing right at least I'll have the piece of mind.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not been to the new place but went twice when he was in Warrington.
It’s tour level stuff and not cheap .
But you won’t get better imo.

JGolfer

Visit site
I’m planning on getting a full bag fitting in march, so will be curious how others experience before then goes. However may give them an email, and see when is the best time to arrange the booking, if wait times are quite long.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
My understanding is that they are top notch.

One of 4 'independents' at that level in GB that I know of - Scott Gourley in Edinburgh area; TourX in Wigan; Precision Golf in Surrey and Golf Principles in Basingstoke. There are/have been several 'one man band' fitters/Pros dotted about, but those seem to be 'the creme'.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
My understanding is that they are top notch.

One of 4 'independents' at that level in GB that I know of - Scott Gourley in Edinburgh area; TourX in Wigan; Precision Golf in Surrey and Golf Principles in Basingstoke. There are/have been several 'one man band' fitters/Pros dotted about, but those seem to be 'the creme'.
Precision golf are supposed to be amazing but have you seen their prices ?

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Excellent service. Really nice, welcoming people. Genuinely enthusiastic about your game and getting you the right equipment. I can not recommend Tour X highly enough. I very much doubt you will get to take your clubs with you on the day, but fret not. Let Nick do his stuff and you will know you have the best equipment suited to you.
The place is like a candy store (as our American cousins would say) for golfers. All Trackman and large screens. You will love it. Enjoy!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Precision golf are supposed to be amazing but have you seen their prices ?
Not recently, but they were 'reasonable' when I went - many years ago when they (only James and Simon) were in Thorpe. Great service and they have grown in reputation and as a company since. They are also far too temptingly close to me!
All 4 that I mentioned are, supposedly, top-of-the-range for kit and care!

Dannyc

Visit site
Tour x is a golfers dream
I went there bout 18 months ago to get fitted for my irons I really want go back again I enjoyed it that much only problem is I still love my mp 18s ?

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tour x is a golfers dream
I went there bout 18 months ago to get fitted for my irons I really want go back again I enjoyed it that much only problem is I still love my mp 18s ?

How did you find the pricing of the irons pal? Where they as competitive as online retailers?

Dannyc

Visit site
I paid just over a grand mate 4-pw and included In that was a separate 2 iron
I went just after Xmas and he was pretty quiet at the time I was stuck between 2 irons so he let me go back and hit them for a 2nd time at no extra cost
Top bloke mate

gjbike

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nice, keep us updated on how it goes please.

Finally got there last Wednesday for my iron & wedge fitting after having two appointments cancelled one was for hospital procedure which came up unexpected and Nick had to to cancel due to having a Covid test and had to self isolate.
Only reason I want new irons was to get better dispersion with a bad shot started off with 7 different makes final got it down to 4, MP20 HMB, T200, ZX5 and JPX Hot Metal Pro really like the T200 but the stats were not that good, when I first picked up and tried the ZX 5 just felt bang on and they came out with the best stats as well, used a 7 iron.

Club speed 83.4
Ball speed 121.00
Smash Factor 1.45
Carry 173.4
Total carry 183.9
Spin 5363
Height 88
Land Angle 44.9

Just like to say anybody who is looking for new equipment you should go to Tour X I was there about 2hrs with Nick nothing is to much trouble for him and no pressure to buy would definitely recommend is services.