Tour Bags

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This may have been discussed before but I wanted to ask does anyone use a tour bag? I have a Motocaddy S1 with a Pro Series Cart bag, it’s a good bag but I have an absolute hankering for a tour bag.

I know they aren’t designed to be on trolleys but I was wondering does anyone use one on a day to day basis? Are they totally impractical? Would they fit on an S1?

I know Titliest, Callaway and TaylorMade make midsize tour bags but I am not keen on those brands, so I just wanted to know should I stick with my cart bag or treat myself to a tour bag

GOLFER1994

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't use a motocaddy trolley but i use a titleist tour bag and have no issues whatsoever ! I love the way it looks and the practicality of fitting everything I need in.

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
I have a Titleist Tour Stand Bag! Very good.. wouldn’t know it’s actually a tour bag, fits on a trolley very well and is a carry bag also. Highly recommend.

I know you said you didn’t want Titleist but thought I would put my 10ps worth on the table....

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've used tour bags on trollies before, they tend to work best if you use them on their side. Makes getting into 1 side pocket a bit of a pain but not the end of the world.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Timely...I’ve just my hands on a smashing looking Titleist Mid Sized bad...looks great, and not as huge as the full sized staff bag.

Haven’t used it yet. Currently have a Ping Traverse trolley bag. Everything accessible, stable on the trolley...just got bored of it and really fancied the one I’ve just got. I bet the clubs don’t sit as well as in the 14 way trolley bag, and learning where I’ve put everything will wind me up...but wanted one for ages so now I’ve got it. I wonder how best to order the clubs....as once on its side it’ll be different to how I’ve got it. Maybe I should get Bones out if retirement to carry it!

Ping has gone on eBay to stop me swapping around! Been carrying all winter....Burnham &Berrow next week with Porthcawl week after, it’ll make its debut at Burnham!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've got the S1 and use a TM Tour bag on it with no problems at all. It's practical, loads of space in the pockets and looks great.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This is my Tour bag on an S3 pro, towel is obscuring the bar, but i can get in all the pockets bar the one right under that trolley rest at the top, so have easy access to 9 of the 10 pockets.
even the one i can't get to only takes a sec to get to if i really need to.

The only downside is the Bag is really too heavy for the trolley and have had to have it back to MotoCaddy to have the bar bolts replaced.

IMG_0570.JPG

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That looks great, the Mizuno bag is lovely, the red Wilson Staff bag is the one I’m thinking of, great to know they can be used on an S1, think I’ll bite the bullet

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I use to have a TM tour bag (now used as my practice bag) and while it was decent, I had to put it on its side to to be able to easily get into the large side pockets where I kept my waterproofs and towels. They do look good and you can carry shed loads of stuff if that's what you want to do, but I didn't find it practical at all

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My TM tour bag that I accidentally won on eBay has turned up.

It’s a stunning bag and on a trolley I don’t think it’s going to look out of place.

Currently looking in to embroidering the front panel (no, not with my name before you ask :p). Probably with the No Laying Up logo if I can get my hands on a decent resolution copy.

pod-logo.jpg

sunshine

Visit site

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is my Tour bag on an S3 pro, towel is obscuring the bar, but i can get in all the pockets bar the one right under that trolley rest at the top, so have easy access to 9 of the 10 pockets.
even the one i can't get to only takes a sec to get to if i really need to.

The only downside is the Bag is really too heavy for the trolley and have had to have it back to MotoCaddy to have the bar bolts replaced.

View attachment 26597

Bag looks great but you deserve to match it up with the right headcovers.

sunshine

Visit site

Ah I get it now. You're the guy that the marketing bods are targeting whenever they add the word tour on a product. Like Dunlop Tour soft golf balls, used on tour? Or even titleist NXT tour, used on tour by nobody.