Top tracer

JGolfer

Visit site
Was at the top tracer today and noticed some figures I maybe didn’t understand.

These where with my 56 degree vokey

Shot 1: 92 carry, 37 launch, 92mph ball speed, 5 curve (draw), 5.8s hang time, 110ft peak height, 64 landing angle

Shot 2. 106 yard carry, 35 launch, 92mph ball speed, 12 curve (draw), 5.8s hang time, 105ft peak height, 60 landing angle.

My question is, the figures all look very very similar, but 14 yards difference.

Is the 2degree lower launch really worth that much distance? Is it the fact there was a light more draw to it?

I don’t really understand it tbh. Since that can massively affect how I club on a certain hole.
Generally carry my 56 between 100-105 yards.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I cant answer your question, but interested to know others experiences of top tracer. I was at a top tracer range last week, and a little bit sceptical of the distances, so keen to understand how things are worked out.

I am fairly certain I carry my driver further than the 220 yards it was suggesting as we have a couple of short par 4's (260 yards), that I reach with driver no problem, so questioning whether it didnt adjust for low distance range balls.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
the launch angle and draw (top spin) will probably be the reasons.

Steve - if you think Top Tracer is a bit out I suggest you don't use a trackman range. the new one near me had my 2,4,5,6 and 7 irons all going about 160-170 yards and my driver going no more than 190 yards! i now use 2 ranges a bit further away - 1 with Top Tracer and the other is a bog standard range that is soon having Trackman installed

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Steve - if you think Top Tracer is a bit out I suggest you don't use a trackman range. the new one near me had my 2,4,5,6 and 7 irons all going about 160-170 yards and my driver going no more than 190 yards! i now use 2 ranges a bit further away - 1 with Top Tracer and the other is a bog standard range that is soon having Trackman installed
So it's pretty accurate then:unsure::LOL:

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Was at the top tracer today and noticed some figures I maybe didn’t understand.

These where with my 56 degree vokey

Shot 1: 92 carry, 37 launch, 92mph ball speed, 5 curve (draw), 5.8s hang time, 110ft peak height, 64 landing angle

Shot 2. 106 yard carry, 35 launch, 92mph ball speed, 12 curve (draw), 5.8s hang time, 105ft peak height, 60 landing angle.

My question is, the figures all look very very similar, but 14 yards difference.

Is the 2degree lower launch really worth that much distance? Is it the fact there was a light more draw to it?

I don’t really understand it tbh. Since that can massively affect how I club on a certain hole.
Generally carry my 56 between 100-105 yards.
Agree it seems a bit of a difference, was there much wind on the day?

JGolfer

Visit site
Agree it seems a bit of a difference, was there much wind on the day?

Not that I could feel. The shots were one after another.

I thought the little extra draw spin, and 2 degrees lower launch may make a small difference but shocked at potentially 14 yards difference between a 5ft draw and 15fr draw. Especially since I have spent a lot of time trying to swap from a draw to a fade.