Top courses in worst condition

D

Deleted member 3432

Dumbarnie Links, easily the best conditioned course I have ever played (in 2020 & 2021) has just shut until June because of the greens.
Had seen several people on the Scotland Golf facebook group complain about the greens. Odd that it was utterly perfect last year and its only this winter (which was fairly light on snow and frost) they were ruined. They must have done something to them and it didnt work.

Everyone below No 40 in the Top 100 gets to move up one.....

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
No wonder it had to be bailed out :ROFLMAO::sneaky:
:LOL:
At least you are consistent with your incompetence with dates!:rolleyes:
Almost all of my time there was post-bailout and rest was pre Fred's ABN-Ambro 'deal' that caused it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Two spring to mind.

Slaley Hall. Wasn’t quite the Augusta of the North. It was many years ago that I last played there, but both courses were in disappointing condition, especially the greens.

The other was Desert Dunes in Palm Springs. There was massive patches on the greens what were just dead and replaced with sand.

D

Deleted member 3432

Looks like Dumbarnie closure has been extended till mid June.....

Not going to be fleecing many Yanks this season at this rate.

D

Deleted member 3432

They Missing out big time at the moment we are rammed and needing rakes of caddies evey day.
Think I'll offer my services on my next 6 days off, not much point playing at he moment with the shite weather we're getting :ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Think I'll offer my services on my next 6 days off, not much point playing at he moment with the shite weather we're getting :ROFLMAO:
Had 5 bags already this week doubles on both Tuesday and Wednesday. 5 seasons per hour today?drenched, windswept and Sunburnt in the same round. YANKS loved it though.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really hope they have put the effort in as the layout of both courses is good....... also 6 out of 30 of us came back with Covid :eek::eek:

Think they've put the effort in. Greens on the Nicklaus course we're a bit scabby in places but didn't affect your putt. They were very good on the Cheshire, which we all preferred out of the 2 courses. Both in great condition too. Had a great time, bar prices as you'd expect but food, rooms, service, golf all very good.

D

Deleted member 3432

Looks like Dumbarnie are charging full whack despite having 2 temp holes........

Even worse is the fact that local rates are suspended at present :poop:

Fleecing the Yanks.......