Courses in Best Condition

Bobthesock

Visit site
You would expect that but what happens when you turn up the week after they have had work on the greens ☹️
I would complain in the pro shop and expect a courtesy round. Greens maintenance is a nightmare. In Spain they announce it months in advance and offer a discount for a couple of weeks after. Here they just seem to do it whenever it's a nice day for the greenkeepers

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I would complain in the pro shop and expect a courtesy round. Greens maintenance is a nightmare. In Spain they announce it months in advance and offer a discount for a couple of weeks after. Here they just seem to do it whenever it's a nice day for the greenkeepers
I think greenkeepers do give notice of when they will do work on the greens, however if there is a good spell of warm weather they will bring the work forward as it helps the greens recover quicker.

sunshine

Visit site

Greens maintenance at my club is planned well in advance. I’m sure it’s the same at every club. The problem is when this isn’t communicated to visitors.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hindhead is always in great condition, and I have heard good things about Farnham from a mate that played their last week.
Given a few comparisons I can make with other well recognised courses this summer, and the comparisons I have heard others make, yes - Farnham is indeed in great condition.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Some of the courses mentioned on here are way over my threshold on green fees, I have played two courses this year that are absolute belters and the condition of both was superb, they were Hornsea and Silloth-on -Solway.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Royal St. Georges, Royal Cinque Ports, Princes and Littlestone down my way have been fantastic.

sunshine

Visit site
Royal St. Georges, Royal Cinque Ports, Princes and Littlestone down my way have been fantastic.

The last few times I’ve played Littlestone the condition has been average. Not bad, just average. Nowhere near as good as Princes, let alone an Open venue like RSG.