Top 100 courses in Scotland

G1z1

Visit site
I was looking at the top 100 courses in Scotland and though it would be a good nice goal to complete. Is there any problems I am likely to encounter on the list, like the old course is a ballot system and it’s not just a case of paying on. I plan to start working my way through them right away and want to start planing my trips.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I played golf with someone who was playing the top 100 courses in the world.
One potential problem is that the list keeps changing. You need to decide what list you are going with.
A lot of the world courses are invitation from members only and you need to be able to network and possibly reciprocate.
He was a member at Loch Lomond and another couple of prestige courses from memory.
Loch Lomond is invitation only I think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

What are the green fees for these sort of clubs ? Just looked up lock Lomond website but can’t see any prices ?
You won't get on Loch Lomond unless you know a member.

G1z1

Visit site
So as the current top 100 courses stand, lock lomond and st andrews old course are the only two that you just can’t pay on ? Think ill screen shot the top 100 courses and try and plan my way round them. Currently played 5 and playing 2 more in February. So will set a target for 10 minimum a year. So only roughly 9 more years to go lol

evemccc

Visit site
I was looking at the top 100 courses in Scotland and though it would be a good nice goal to complete. Is there any problems I am likely to encounter on the list, like the old course is a ballot system and it’s not just a case of paying on. I plan to start working my way through them right away and want to start planing my trips.

I have spent more time than is healthy on the various lists and rankings on Top100, GM, NCG etc during the pandemic - I basically have made my own ‘list’ of courses I want to play on things that are important to me. I don’t anticipate nor really aim to play all of a prescribed list - for example, I have no desire to (pay to) play Kingsbarns, Castle Stuart or Trump Aberdeen or Dumbarnie, nor pretensions that I’ll play Loch Lomond or Skibo. I don’t want to play the Belfry or Celtic Manor

Durness, Boat of Garten, Dornoch, Carnoustie, North Berwick, Royal Aberdeen, Muirfield, Turnberry, TOC, Pennard, Hindhead, Swinley, Nefyn, Kington, Worplesden, and Sunningdale however I am making a bee-line to try and play — I can’t rationally explain my list…just that these really appealed to me based on reading countless reviews

Maybe I won’t achieve all of mine (Sunningdale esp looks unlikely..) but I’m going to have a lot of fun trying to ???

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have spent more time than is healthy on the various lists and rankings on Top100, GM, NCG etc during the pandemic - I basically have made my own ‘list’ of courses I want to play on things that are important to me. I don’t anticipate nor really aim to play all of a prescribed list - for example, I have no desire to (pay to) play Kingsbarns, Castle Stuart or Trump Aberdeen or Dumbarnie, nor pretensions that I’ll play Loch Lomond or Skibo. I don’t want to play the Belfry or Celtic Manor

Durness, Boat of Garten, Dornoch, Carnoustie, North Berwick, Royal Aberdeen, Muirfield, Turnberry, TOC, Pennard, Hindhead, Swinley, Nefyn, Kington, Worplesden, and Sunningdale however I am making a bee-line to try and play — I can’t rationally explain my list…just that these really appealed to me based on reading countless reviews

Maybe I won’t achieve all of mine (Sunningdale esp looks unlikely..) but I’m going to have a lot of fun trying to ???

I played Durness twice last summer both on beautiful evenings it was stunning I was the only one on the course.

It was magical you won’t be disappointed, I like your list ?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

That’s a good list. I’m slowly making my way through the GM top 100 UK courses, with a couple of extra Scottish courses thrown in. Durness and Reay being two planned this year. Currently I’ve done 7 on your list, 8 if you count both courses at Sunningdale.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
You are able to pre-book the Old Course, though I think you have to commit to playing 2 of the other trust course as well, though both Jubilee and New I would expect are in the top 100, so you could kill 3 birds with one stone. It is a case of fastest finger on the day they become available, you are also able to get in the early morning queue for any spare single spots each day.

evemccc

Visit site
You are able to pre-book the Old Course, though I think you have to commit to playing 2 of the other trust course as well, though both Jubilee and New I would expect are in the top 100, so you could kill 3 birds with one stone. It is a case of fastest finger on the day they become available, you are also able to get in the early morning queue for any spare single spots each day.

They’ve stopped / postponed the Singles Queue on the Old Course