Too hot...

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pleasant 19 degrees with a wee breeze here in sunny Ayrshire.

Spent the day toiling in the garden building an alpine rockery.
When I showered I noticed I had lost about 3 kilos.
73 kilos, lightest I have been since the 1980's:lol:

Whats the rough like at Stan Drews?
Growing by the yard I would think.

Dellboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Tee off tomorrow at mid-day :eek: must be mad but its the only time my mate can make it

Only thing going for us is that Salisbury is on a hill and it was blowing like mad today, hoping for some more wind tomorrow.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
No not me and my boyish looks and athletic figure, but this current weather, I know we moan when its cold and wet and we say our summers are too short but today at times was unbearable and tomorrow is going to not only be hotter, but the humidity is going to be off the scale compared to today!

I can cope with the heat but the humidity with it is a struggle when working outside up on scaffolding.

I was going to pop down the club again for a few holes but I can't in this heat, maybe after the thunderstorms tomorrow night it will clear the humidity a bit and I'll play Thursday night?

Any one else struggling or do you love it like this?

Slight nerdy meteorological point but it is not strictly a high relative humidity that is the problem as such, as it is relative to the air temperature. So on most winter nights the relative humidity is actually well above what it is today. The dew point is an absolute measure of how much moisture there is in the atmosphere so it's better to say 'with the high dew point'. Nerd mode off.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Slight nerdy meteorological point but it is not strictly a high relative humidity that is the problem as such, as it is relative to the air temperature. So on most winter nights the relative humidity is actually well above what it is today. The dew point is an absolute measure of how much moisture there is in the atmosphere so it's better to say 'with the high dew point'. Nerd mode off.

Boring.......

So Matt Taylor is wrong then :confused:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to slap anyone who says it's too hot. Feel like I've experienced about 10 months of autum/winter. Yes it's going to be warm. Horrible if you have to work in it. A heatstroke waiting to happen if not prepared but bugger that.

Get the shorts on, stock up on water, buy a paddling pool, fill with ice and deal with it. So much bloody wind and rain recently I'm happy to see this weather coming.

Besides I'm away to Florida for two weeks so coming home this weather will be just perfect in comparison to the heat and humidity I'm heading to.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great for open qualifying up at hillside.

It was Gaz, beautiful on the links at Hillside today.

I was only there for 4 hours and it was a bit sapping, but them lads playing 36 holes would have been very tough.

I followed one lad from S and A who was joint leader after 1 round on 4 under, who had a 6 over in the afternoon. It must have been tough.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I bet you were bending his ear about being level par through 15 holes. :rofl:

Local lad from back home, mcgeady, level then 8 over.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
No not me and my boyish looks and athletic figure, but this current weather, I know we moan when its cold and wet and we say our summers are too short but today at times was unbearable and tomorrow is going to not only be hotter, but the humidity is going to be off the scale compared to today!

I can cope with the heat but the humidity with it is a struggle when working outside up on scaffolding.

I was going to pop down the club again for a few holes but I can't in this heat, maybe after the thunderstorms tomorrow night it will clear the humidity a bit and I'll play Thursday night?

Any one else struggling or do you love it like this?

I told yous, I warned you all!

8 months of the year with temp in the 30's, ground temp in the 40's and 70% humidity 24 hours a day so no let up at night, its not all fun and games (it is really)

Its winter just now so its dropped to high 20's so the golf is much easier and better scoring but in a few weeks it'll get warmer again

Enjoy it while it lasts guys, get out on the course, take plenty (alcohol) fluids, Bar-Be-Que that meat to destruction & laugh at everyone who left for a holiday in Spain this week :cool:

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does anyone do sweat wicking undercrackers :rolleyes:

Yes :D
images