Too dependant on a certain club?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I've been to hell and back with my irons so know where you're coming from.

At one time they were the best part of my game but a visitation from the evil Dr Shank destroyed my confidence to the degree that I dropped down to a 5 iron as my longest iron and also relied on the hybrid, damn I even put a 9 wood in the bag as an option (most of my shanks were with mid to long irons).

Going full time vintage means the hybrid does not exist for me and I've been forced to try and recover my iron play, it's been a tough ask but I finally feel it's coming back (bar the occasional socket rocket :eek:).

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
The last 6 weeks of weather have created conditions that will easily influence people - especially with long irons.

However, as Bob has explained, it really shouldn't be more than a quick observation to see what has evolved, and suggest solutions.

Personally I'm struggling with short irons - they got really good when the fairways were just like the range mats (firm but tight) and I wasn't thinking about the greens (which were holding easily) but we are now at a point where I'm both swallowing my angle of attack (because the ground is like concrete) and trying to add trajectory and spin (a natural reaction I'm mentally fighting because I know I don't need to do anything more than hit it cleanly from the centre of the face but my subconscious want to add.....)

So, for me, the answer is a little course practice time to get conscious and subconscious back together as friends 😀

( or I could buy new irons with different soles....)

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Lesson booked for next week. A week away from the course to relax and get a bit of perspective and expert tuition will hopefully do the trick.
If not I'm taking up vets football!

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a lesson on tuesday and the pro pointing out a few flaws in set up that were making it difficult for me.
I now have some things to work on and build the confidence back up.
Had a good chat with the pro and have to decided to have a lesson every 4/6 weeks to see if I can push on to the next level.