Tonight's football

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
I've stopped watching it - totally distracting. Wembley is for football, nothing that damages the pitch or leaves unsightly markings should be allowed. It's owned by the FA - they need to learn what the F stands for and stop trying to rake in money from other sports. Football is the richest sport in the country - if it can't afford to keep the national stadium in a decent state then sell it and play England games around the country again.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I've stopped watching it - totally distracting. Wembley is for football, nothing that damages the pitch or leaves unsightly markings should be allowed. It's owned by the FA - they need to learn what the F stands for and stop trying to rake in money from other sports. Football is the richest sport in the country - if it can't afford to keep the national stadium in a decent state then sell it and play England games around the country again.

If this was an England game being played on the pitch in that state, I would agree 100%. I also don't think the FA would have booked in an NFL game just prior to an England game. The NFL game would have been booked in at the time when Spurs were due to be in their new stadium by now, so it is no fault of the FA's.

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
If this was an England game being played on the pitch in that state, I would agree 100%. I also don't think the FA would have booked in an NFL game just prior to an England game. The NFL game would have been booked in at the time when Spurs were due to be in their new stadium by now, so it is no fault of the FA's.

I thought the FA owned the ground?

D

Deleted member 18121

I quite like the city kit actually.... Reminds me a bit of the Liverpool kit from the Suarez era

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
I see your point about Spurs, they were supposed be out of there a few weeks ago. I'm just annoyed about the beautiful game being played on ugly pitches. Anyway, I'm off to the pub now, goodnight.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they own it then they're responsible for how it's used.

You have missed the key issue

NFL has been booked in for a good year. Spurs weren’t meant to be there at this time

So the fa would have had until 15th nov to get the pitch fit for football

It’s 29th Oct now. They have 16 days

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The NFL game was supposed to be at Spurs too. That is all in the contract, and why the Spuds are having a retractable pitch put in.

D

Deleted member 15344

This year it was two games at Wembley and one at Spurs - ( the Oakland/Seattle game )

There will also be two games at Wembley in 2019 and 20 - with Spurs getting 3 games I believe at some point

BUT it depends on what Khan does and if he goes for Wembley again because he is imo looking for a home for his Jacksonville team or a franchise in London and Wembley would be perfect

Spurs want the games to help pay the stadium off