250 greatest guitarists

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I like the occasional Beato. From all the guitar guys on YouTube he possibly knows the most, but I am not always his audience.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the occasional Beato. From all the guitar guys on YouTube he possibly knows the most, but I am not always his audience.
I love him but I can go a few weeks without watching him. Sometimes you have to just be in the mood for the technical discussion. Must admit I mostly loved his 'what makes this song great' series where he breaks down famous songs into their component parts - but he doesn't do many of these anymore. He did one the other day/week which was the first one in a long time.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the issues with Beato is that he’s often just trying to sell things.
He nearly always advertises his book at the end of a video but I can easily tune that out personally. I'm obviously not going to buy his book, he can peddle it as much as he likes. What I love about him is his enthusiasm for even seemingly small and subtle aspects of music, including production and other things most people don't pick up on.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
He nearly always advertises his book at the end of a video but I can easily tune that out personally. I'm obviously not going to buy his book, he can peddle it as much as he likes. What I love about him is his enthusiasm for even seemingly small and subtle aspects of music, including production and other things most people don't pick up on.
His interview with Kirk Hammett is well worth a watch.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So am spending a night listening to Francis Rossi of Status Quo rattling away and playing and singing a few Quality acoustic songs.
A better guitarist than I thought. But equally a good entertainer.

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpeg
    IMG_0614.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 3

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I've seen a few of Beato's videos and this is the angriest he's ever been.

Towards the end he appeared to be winding it up and I was sat there thinking "he hasn't mentioned Holdsworth!!!". Fortunately he was keeping it back, a sort of countdown to number 1.

I'm still amazed that none of the rebuttals of Rolling Stone's list has mentioned Mike Oldfield. He's a stunning guitarist.

The last 18 minutes or so shows how he owns it. Especially the last section.

Last edited: