Titleist Tour Speed balls

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i see Titleist have a new ball out, a softer comp ball, anyone tried it yet..?

looks sim spec to the Q star, but more expensive

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I asked my pro about buying the QStar Tour he had stopped selling Srixon. He was trying to persuade me to wait until the Titleist came out. Glad I did not having seen the price.

He is supposed to be a holding Titleist ball fitting day might attend any way just to find out what they are like.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
TXG tested it and decided that it was on a par with the ProV1x with the exception of short game spin.
Driver, irons and full wedges were virtually the same, just 1/2 and 3/4 wedges didn't spin as much.
But, as most people don't actually need "hit and sit" performance because they're mostly short..that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Looks a good ball..not too soft and not too firm either.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TXG tested it and decided that it was on a par with the ProV1x with the exception of short game spin.
Driver, irons and full wedges were virtually the same, just 1/2 and 3/4 wedges didn't spin as much.
But, as most people don't actually need "hit and sit" performance because they're mostly short..that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Looks a good ball..not too soft and not too firm either.
I do not mind hit and sit, I know my yardages with my wedges, what I don’t like is too much roll on the wedges and scoring irons. We don’t play on greens that will dampen a ball landing. When I repair pitch marks, an inch below the grass the mud is just so dry and hard. The Q star Tour is okay, not the best, about 300-400 rpm less than the Z star but the price difference doesn’t really persuade me to go to the Z star - this is reported data.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching the video, the spin difference for them was 600 rpms .. the variance in strike from you average golfer really will not justify the pro v1 purchase

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just watching the video, the spin difference for them was 600 rpms .. the variance in strike from you average golfer really will not justify the pro v1 purchase
Tend to agree....
Looks a very decent ball for the cost..
Would be good if someone did a direct comparison between this, the TM Touf Response and the QStar...

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
OK...they got mixed up then...those are the prices for Tour Soft...£34.99 on the site now.(y)

Ah, OK - thanks. Wouldn't pay that. Can pick the like of AVX and z star for less on Ebay.
Mate (2 hcp) rates Bridgestone B RX and they can be had for £25.

Springveldt

Visit site
Looks like a good ball but too expensive, it’s going to be at least £5 per dozen more than the Srixom and Taylormade.

Would like to see it against the Bridgestone Tour B RX, that’s the ball I use currently and love it.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It will walk off the shelves at £28/dozen ... but they would lose some of the prov1 buyers as well .. you never know the margins on these things but my guess is around 200%