Titleist 913 shaft/grip question

andy.p30

Visit site
Hi Guys

Bought a new to me driver and rescue at my local pro shop the other day. Both are the Titleist 913 range. When I got home and had a fiddle with the shafts, I found once i set it to my required set-up, that the grip logo is now facing sideways, rather than infront of me. Don't like the thought of my new golf pride grips all looking good and then my driver grip facing side ways. Am i doing something wrong or is a case of putting a new grip on every time.

Thanks for your help

D

Deleted member 16999

Hi Guys

Bought a new to me driver and rescue at my local pro shop the other day. Both are the Titleist 913 range. When I got home and had a fiddle with the shafts, I found once i set it to my required set-up, that the grip logo is now facing sideways, rather than infront of me. Don't like the thought of my new golf pride grips all looking good and then my driver grip facing side ways. Am i doing something wrong or is a case of putting a new grip on every time.

Thanks for your help
If the grip was fitted while the shaft was A1, any change to the settings will move the grip, the only way is to use a grip with no logo, that way it's not an issue.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The grip is round as standard so makes no difference. I like a ribbed grip, so trickier.

A1 (standard) and whatever one fraction open with unchanged loft is are the same orientation so the rib stays in the same place, and so will the logo.

Last edited:

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I personally fit all my grips logo down when I have the club adapter in the correct setting.

Can't abide seeing grip logos at address.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Whenever I buy grips now I get the 360 version which has no logo.

If you have something long and thin like a knitting needle or unwound coat hanger you might be able to free the grip using white spirit, and readjust it before the solvent evaporates.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
surely the shaft orientation doesnt change, its the head that moves (I dont have one but thought thats how it worked)

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
surely the shaft orientation doesnt change, its the head that moves (I dont have one but thought thats how it worked)

It's as the others have said, with the 913, I had mine set at one position, B3 or something, then went for a driver lesson and the coach deemed D3 or something else would be better, hence the Golf Pride logo that was lined up at say 12 o'clock, now showed at the 4 o'clock position. Took a little getting used to as I used to use the logo to line up my grip, now I'm kind of used to it.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't look anywhere near my hands or the grip when taking my address position as all I am focusing on is the ball and the leading edge of the club for alignment.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It's as the others have said, with the 913, I had mine set at one position, B3 or something, then went for a driver lesson and the coach deemed D3 or something else would be better, hence the Golf Pride logo that was lined up at say 12 o'clock, now showed at the 4 o'clock position. Took a little getting used to as I used to use the logo to line up my grip, now I'm kind of used to it.

well thats dissapointing. the head angle/loft should change but nothing else- that's a flaw in my opinion, so for that reason, I'm out.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The surefit adaptor has 2 rings.

The one with numbers on is fixed to the shaft so if you move it you are moving the shaft relative to the head.
The one with letters on spins freely so you can move it without moving the shaft relative to the head.

If you go from A1 to A2 the shaft moves.
If you go from A1 to B1 the shaft doesn't move.

(I hope I've got that the right way round!)

Stuey01

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well thats dissapointing. the head angle/loft should change but nothing else- that's a flaw in my opinion, so for that reason, I'm out.

All the adjustable clubs involve rotation of the shaft.
Nike flexloft is the only one that changes loft through it's whole range without rotating the shaft, but if you use the left/right settings it rotates the shaft a bit.