Time for a ball change?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today with a stiff back and set off woefully. Was losing balls left right and centre. I had a stash of Ad333 which soon went. Anyway on our 13th I promptly smashed one drive OOB walked to bag and pulled out a Titliest trusoft which I had found somewhere and promptly smashed it straight down the middle. Next shot was a five iron through the back. Next hole smashed me drive, creamed a three wood and for the first time ever hit my third onto the green, a 48 wedge. Missed a six footer for birdie. Even my poor drives never faded as bad as normal. Suffice to say I parred three of the last five.
But the ball just felt lovely off the face of the club.
looks like al have to get me self a dozen and see how I get on with them.
Not got the fastest swing speed but these seem to suit my swing.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
you'd just gotten warmed up by the 13th, its a coincidence Tash me man
you could have hit a warbird and it would have done alright

save your money for that pint you owe me :whoo:

Tashyboy

Visit site
you'd just gotten warmed up by the 13th, its a coincidence Tash me man
you could have hit a warbird and it would have done alright

save your money for that pint you owe me :whoo:

Think that pint money has just gone on a sleeve of three. 😖 Just done a bit of web surfing and it seems the ball is ideal for my girlie swing speed which begs the question. Somone who tested it has a swing speed of 157mph. It's like asking me to test drive a Ferrari smashanova or whatever there called.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really, Tash, you are definitely clutching at straws if you think a change of balls is going to be a magic wand.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Really, Tash, you are definitely clutching at straws if you think a change of balls is going to be a magic wand.

Not to sure it would be a magic wand, but ave never really been fitted for a ball. So is the Ad 333 the ideal ball for me, same can be said with the trusoft. I did like the ad333 tour but when I hit a bad one with them they spin like the clappers. Just know it felt differant or better off the face.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just accept it Tash. :)

At our level, we have spells of hitting a run of bad shots, and then hit some good ones. Then we don't. And then we do again , and then ... How a ball feels off the club is an important factor of choice to us, but it ain't a game changer

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Changing a ball won't make a difference between smashing a drive down the middle or hooking it 40 yards left. If you hit the trusoft with the same club path and face to path angle that would also hook.

Mark Crossfield has released a couple of good videos discussing it recently talking about spin etc.

I've gone to the other end of the spectrum. I used to buy decent balls, but then just came to terms with the fact I wasn't a good enough player to be bothered by balls. So now use Taylormade RBZ soft which you can get at sports direct for £23 for two dozen. My scores recently have included a couple in buffer, 36, 39, 39, 38. That's down to me and not the ball, the only good thing about the ball is that if I lose one it costs less than £1 instead of £4.

D

Deleted member 16999

Don’t listen to this sensible advice Tash, Trusoft is your answer.
Once less thing to worry about knowing you’ve found the right ball for you.
Swing free Tashy me man ;)

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
There both very similar balls, both 2 piece balls with low spin. I agree of course with the posters - the ball made no difference, how could it, however if you think it did then let no one tell you otherwise. What's in your head affects your game and if your believe (misplaced or not) it is better for your game it likely will be.....at least until you hook the next one out

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think the Trusoft is a good ball to be fair, and not too expensive. No harm in getting a box.

I got a box (well half a box shared with a pal) of Bridgestone e6 Softs last month to try out, and immediately shot 84, 84 & 83 within my next four rounds (83 being a new personal best). Got absolutely no idea if any of that was to do with the ball or just coincidence of course - but I'm sticking with them for now anyway!

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
I can understand a discussion of "it felt good or bad" or "it took a long time to stop on the green".... but not the difference of finding the fairway or going OB! :D

But having read that Titliest say re the tru soft " cough, less spin off the tee, but still control around the green" it in essence is saying it ain't gonna spin/fade/draw as much as say a Pro V1, nxt, ad33 tour.
Plus the trusofts are cheap so I would have enough left over for fraggers pint.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I think the Trusoft is a good ball to be fair, and not too expensive. No harm in getting a box.

I got a box (well half a box shared with a pal) of Bridgestone e6 Softs last month to try out, and immediately shot 84, 84 & 83 within my next four rounds (83 being a new personal best). Got absolutely no idea if any of that was to do with the ball or just coincidence of course - but I'm sticking with them for now anyway!

Ory, is it owt to do with just feeling confident whilst standing over the ball. Bit like when you have new shinys, a kinda look good feel good situation. So again you feel confident with them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ory, is it owt to do with just feeling confident whilst standing over the ball. Bit like when you have new shinys, a kinda look good feel good situation. So again you feel confident with them.
Agree. There's nothing like shooting a good score the first time you use a ball to convince you it's the best ball in the world.

I was using DX2s before though and I just couldn't stop them on the greens in this ridiculous dry weather. That was why I tried the Bridgestone's, they're three piece and have a bit more stopping power - I have noticed them being better in this respect.

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
But having read that Titliest say re the tru soft " cough, less spin off the tee, but still control around the green" it in essence is saying it ain't gonna spin/fade/draw as much as say a Pro V1, nxt, ad33 tour.
Plus the trusofts are cheap so I would have enough left over for fraggers pint.

Watch a recent video Mark Crossfield published with a Titleist ball R&D guy there. Crossfield mentions this as says something like "so when you say it spins less, you're not saying that it will slice or hook less than a higher spinning ball?" and the Titleist R&D guy says "no".

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll wait for the next new post after you've lost this swear that the Donnay or Dunlop are the best since sliced bread

Odd comment I use high spin 3/4 piece urethane balls and I have just bought 5 dozen Dunlop DP1V3 for a ridiculously low price compared to a Prov1 (it lokks like they are being discontinued).
As I have said before Srixon AD 333 Tour are made by Dunlop

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have tried the Titleist Trusoft simply because they can always be found on our course (Seniors 2s prizes) and I lose distance with irons of about half a club with them.