Tiger Woods Return To The Tour

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger Woods announced Friday that due to ongoing back spasms, similar to what he experienced in Dubai, he will be unable to compete in the Genesis Open and The Honda Classic.

"My doctors have advised me not to play the next two weeks, to continue my treatment and to let my back calm down," Tiger said. "This is not what I was hoping for or expecting. I am extremely disappointed to miss the Genesis Open, a tournament that benefits my foundation, and The Honda Classic, my hometown event. I would like to thank Genesis for their support, and I know we will have an outstanding week."
Tiger is expected to travel to Los Angeles to attend and support the PGA TOUR event. His possible playing schedule after Honda will be determined at a later date after his back is reassessed.

http://www.tigerwoods.com/news/2017...-out-of-genesis-and-honda-due-to-back-spasms/

:'(

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think he would be foolish to persist further. Never had much love for him, but after 4 knee ops and 3 back ops he has to stop now unless he wants to be in a wheelchair within 10 years.

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Makes you think if TW had the modern take of the text book swing that was put together by his coaches how many other players when they hit middle age will suffer swinging this way? Obviously Nicklaus,Watson,Player,Singh,Monty and a host of other players who were competitive well into their 40's must have been swinging within themselves their whole careers,and it worked for them.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The difference in aggression between modern pro golf swings and from pre Tiger is huge. It's not rocket science to see why he and others are going to suffer in a way previous generations did not. The seniors tour in 20 years could be pretty empty.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not all modern swings are like this - bubba, for instance, turns his hips and lifts his front foot in the old style. Seems to generate plenty of clubhead speed.

There's a vid somewhere in which Jack Nicklaus and bubba have their swings compared (one of them is the mirror image obv) and it is amazing how similar they are.

Brandel Chamblee, the Golf Channel talking head, has written a book about it. Haven't read it, but maybe someone has?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It will be a shame, after what he's achieved, that he may be forced to bow out in such an inglorious fashion. Not a great way to have end it, if indeed he does. I wonder if he'll keep battling on this season at least. Plenty of players, Seve jumps straight to mind, swung flat out and paid for it in the end, struggling with bad backs and finishing their careers early

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The difference in aggression between modern pro golf swings and from pre Tiger is huge. It's not rocket science to see why he and others are going to suffer in a way previous generations did not. The seniors tour in 20 years could be pretty empty.

This slow motion clip shows the contorted shape TW gets his body in, this time after time must take its toll,agree the younger current stars will have problems later.
https://youtu.be/c0I5WOi2Umo