Tiger Woods peaked to early?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely he can’t carry on winning?

As in all sports athletes train to peak at certain times during the year, I reckon Woods has peaked and we will see a decline in performance very soon.

Or has he the complete game that he could change his swing in short notice and revert back to winning ways?

B

birdieman

No, this is the year for Tiger...again.
Seems like a happy bunny with work/home balance and all the 2008 Major courses except maybe the PGA are ones he likes and is suited to.
Don't think he'll win 4 but I think 3 is very much on.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
he'll be around for next 5 years atleast i think. i know you get on but he has enough skill to still compete. He'll still be winning when he's using senior flex shafts. :D

pjaz

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't think so. He looked a bit ropey over last weeks WGC event and could have been beaten on 2/3 of his rounds if the other players had taken their chances - buts thats the difference isn't it. Cink was a shadow of the man in the final from him who had seen off Monty et al in rounds 1-4, which was a shame. I think Stenson would have beaten him over the 36 hole final - but it wasn't to be. If people start to apply the pressure more often we all benefit as we will watch better/more exciting golf and the golf world will have to be less Tiger orinetated. Wonder what will happen to sponsorship levels when he hangs his clubs up if there isn't another superstar?

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If people start to apply the pressure more often we all benefit as we will watch better/more exciting golf and the golf world will have to be less Tiger orinetated.

We can live and hope. Just don't think anybody out there is up to it

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's in awesome form.....over 40% birdies at the WMP.
Watch out for comfortable 64s and 65s in the coming months.
Can't see anyone stopping him right now....let's see how Augusta goes before thinking about the clean sweep.
Personally, I don't follow him much.....I prefer to watch real golf where players have to deal with adversity and imperfections.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Not sure the slam is on. Not necessarily from a pure golfing perspective as Tiger is playin awesome and Augusta and Torrey Pines in particular will be set up in his favour. I just think if he wins the 1st one (and its a good bet) the pressure will crank up. Should he get two in the bag it will become immense and evenutally I think it has to reeach a point where it becomes a distraction (especially if it begins to intrude on his family life).

Sadly for the anti-Tiger brigade I still think he has unfulfilled goals over and above winning 18 majors and will be a force for at least another 5 years

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am not a Tiger fan but I don't mind his winning it's the others laying down and rolling over that gets me.
(and I still think he gets the benefit of decisions others wouldn't - time for professional referees?)

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rather than focus on Tiger sustaining his run, who is there to stop him. As far as I can see they are playing for the runners up cheque a bit like Liverpool and others chasing a champions league place ... is that really success ??

Not in my book.

(Motherwell fan)

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are wittnessing the finest Golfer ever to walk this world's fairways, and everyone hates him. Until a few years ago I didn't like watching him either. But I have grown to like him as he is a different class. He isn't a seve or a trevino but what the hell he is fanfuckingtastic.

Parmo, I'm not picking on you here but why should other's get press? Poulter got press a few weeks ago for putting his foot in it. If Poulter was half as good as Tiger he wouldn't need to say stupid things. As for his clothes, Does anyone buy his [****]?

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
No chance I would buy his clothes, they look horrible + CHAV tactic. Don’t know how much they cost but are probably way over priced.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I looked at the Poulter website a few months back. Even the plainest shirts are ludicrously over-priced. Don't get me wrong there was some stuff that I thought looked good but I'm not prepared to spend £x on one item when I can buy 2-3 adidas, callaway, nike, et al items at AG or my pro-shop

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have you seen his shirt today! It was gold! And he played awful.

I never use to have any feelings for him but I am slowly growing a real dislike for him.

I'm the same as you Homer, a nice plain Adidas polo and chinoes looks the business and performs just as well as any expensive Poulter items.