Tiger v Phil

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well i enjoyed that

Brady looked far more like an 8 capper on the back 9 thats for sure

Tiger looked very healthy and drove it really well, almost like some time off did him some good

And they raised 20m or so for good causes.

Medallist looks a decent track too

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well i enjoyed that

Brady looked far more like an 8 capper on the back 9 thats for sure

Tiger looked very healthy and drove it really well, almost like some time off did him some good

And they raised 20m or so for good causes.

Medallist looks a decent track too

Maybe the buggy helped him a bit because he seemed to bearly get out of second gear

No misplaced tee shots etc

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just catching up on some of the (mainly US) post game comment.
Sentiment is universally positive (rightly so, imho). I think that seeing the full experience of golf (joy, pain, camaraderie, public humiliation) was entertaining and truthful in a way that standard tv golf,especially us tv golf, ever is.
I would imagine that there'll be some longer queues at some of the muni courses over there this morning. Its nice to see people celebrating the game rather than talking it down.

As an aside, it clearly demonstrated the joys of matchplay over a skins format where no-one actually has any skin in the game.

Visit site
For my 100th post, I am pleased to discuss Tiger and Phil, two of my favourite players. Although I fell asleep towards the end, just as it was getting interesting, I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere, the bit craic between them, and Tiger totally taking on the required level of commitment without spoiling the day with a "game face" on.
I don't know what folk expect. The weather was appalling, yet all four faced up to adversity admirably. And those amateur football players performed more than adequately considering the TV audience.
Put another way, if another two top players want to have a go, I would watch it, but I would be surprised if it was better viewing than what we got.
I reckon Fowler and Fleetwood would be a decent shout for a good game.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
The pace of play apparently is down to the cameras and ad breaks more than the players themselves

Same problem last week players waiting on production teams to give them the nod to play

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The pace of play apparently is down to the cameras and ad breaks more than the players themselves

Same problem last week players waiting on production teams to give them the nod to play
True enough (there were even a couple of times you could see the stage director waving then on, rather extravagantly), but i think front 9 format was to blame. 4bbb with balls going in all directions, drops, rulings etc. It was enjoyably chaotic, but slow. Everything speeded up once they switched to greensomes.
Incidentally, what's with the "modified alternate shot" nonsense? Just call it greensomes ffs. Or scotch foursomes if they have to...

sunshine

Visit site
Recorded it so I could fast forward the adverts. Ended up fast forwarding most of it. Just a horrendous schmaltz fest of epic proportions, something that only the Americans can do. The banter , sorry trash talk, was so cringey.

The weather didn't help. I had zero interest in the celebs, but I recognise that they are huge names, I guess the equivalent of having beckham and lineker in England (although it still wouldn't interest me).

Felt a bit sorry for Brady, I could imagine my swing falling apart with all the cameras and two golf legends standing over me. Felt less sympathy when he started taking dodgy drops and showed ignorance of basic rules. Was probably trying to deflate the balls too.

Some great moments watching Phil explain his shots. Tiger looked good, I think he always does when he swings smoothly instead of lashing it.

Struggling to understand how people preferred this to last week's outing.