Mickelson Liv NonPlaying Role? Would you be sad to see "Big Phil" retiring the clubs? Or glad to see him go if it meant the US Open Title!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Can't see how playing on a bit longer damages their legacy

Week in week out most Pro players don't win at golf or even come close, its the norm for a tour Pro, so not winning for a few extra months/years is not like a boxer continuing to fight and losing bout after bout then primarily being remembered for the last 5 fights rather than the first 5

A tour Pro will still have the achievements & legacy very much intact even if they play a season too many

Re PM, he was (& is) a helluva player and its just the same ailment that affects every golfer on the planet at every level from the top down.. consistency

D

Deleted member 15344

PM playing legacy won’t be damaged , same with Woods - the results they have achieved and some of the shots they have played will always be iconic and when they play now people are waiting to see that little bit of magic both have produced over the years , even if it’s just one shot

But if PM said he was retiring I don’t think there will be too many who would be bothered - there are other things that have tainted the legacy a bit

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think he's one of the most entertaining players to watch, even now with his wayward drives trying to hit bombs at 54 or whatever he is. Would love to see him back on the PGA Seniors tour cleaning up and taking on Langer, but I'm not sure if that'll happen now. Is there a LIV seniors yet? :LOL:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think he's one of the most entertaining players to watch, even now with his wayward drives trying to hit bombs at 54 or whatever he is. Would love to see him back on the PGA Seniors tour cleaning up and taking on Langer, but I'm not sure if that'll happen now. Is there a LIV seniors yet? :LOL:

Yes it's called the majestics

Bobthesock

Visit site
Second best player of the last 25 years imho. Then a big gap to the likes of DJ, koepka, morikawa etc
Be sad to see him retire.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Great player. But a massive bell end. I’ve always had this opinion of him. The smile is faker than a Thailand Rolex.

Personally, I would be happy to see the back of him knowing that not winning the US Open will haunt him.

Mandofred

Visit site
I pay very little attention to the golf world (or pretty well all pro sports....I only root for one constantly losing baseball team). I used to coach a lot of sports...as long as I was involved (either doing or coaching) I was interested. If I have no influence on the result.....it's boring.