Tiger v Phil

D

Deleted member 18588

I actually think this could be decent.
And remember....no one will be forced to watch it ?
If Tiger is still serious about his game he needs stronger opposition than Mickelson.

The biggest surprise is that they have found a broadcaster after the full as ditch water first offering.

Interest in that was so low that, if I remember correctly, the PPV had to be dropped.

Most accept that Phil is now past it, surely, however, Tiger is still a factor.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I think the issue with the 1st one was the money element made it so crass. I guess this won't be the issue with the current installment.

I actually enjoyed watching it 1st time and I think it could be a good / reasonable format going forward with some tweaks.

I'd have them in carts. Means faster pace of play.
Especially given so many courses in the US are designed for cart play, with huge walks back to some tees. Especially the very back.

Would also have 2 matches in play. One starting on 1 and the other on 10. More coverage to watch.

Would perhaps have a presenter / broker who could suggest or propose bets for them on each tee rather than leave it up to the players.

I think this could / should replace the Champions Tour, which I'm not sure many people really watch.

I'd def tune in to watch Monty v Els or Couples v Jimenez on a Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday evening.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think it will make it better having Manning & Brady as playing partners.
I just see it as a bit of fun.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Tiger is still serious about his game he needs stronger opposition than Mickelson.

The biggest surprise is that they have found a broadcaster after the full as ditch water first offering.

Interest in that was so low that, if I remember correctly, the PPV had to be dropped.

Most accept that Phil is now past it, surely, however, Tiger is still a factor.
Didn't Mickelson win it though?? :LOL:

sunshine

Visit site
I think the issue with the 1st one was the money element made it so crass. I guess this won't be the issue with the current installment. Crass to us - not crass to the American audience.

I actually enjoyed watching it 1st time and I think it could be a good / reasonable format going forward with some tweaks. Yes

I'd have them in carts. Means faster pace of play.
Especially given so many courses in the US are designed for cart play, with huge walks back to some tees. Especially the very back. Good idea. There is a lot of dead time in golf while the players walk 300 yards down the fairway.

Would also have 2 matches in play. One starting on 1 and the other on 10. More coverage to watch. Definitely, or matches tee off 15 mins apart like Ryder Cup.

Would perhaps have a presenter / broker who could suggest or propose bets for them on each tee rather than leave it up to the players. Good idea

I think this could / should replace the Champions Tour, which I'm not sure many people really watch. Think the appeal of this format is limited, not really attractive as a weekly event. To be honest I've never watched the Champions tour either.

I'd def tune in to watch Monty v Els or Couples v Jimenez on a Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday evening. Yes initially, but appeal would wear off if it was on every week.

D

Deleted member 1418

First one wasn't great, don't imagine this will be any better, I'd watch any live golf right now though :LOL:

You must be feeling it bad!! I think I'd still prefer to watch a repeat of an Open! ?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Phil also finished 2nd a couple of months ago at Pebble Beach. His best days are behind him, but finished? Nope.

D

Deleted member 18588

Phil also finished 2nd a couple of months ago at Pebble Beach. His best days are behind him, but finished? Nope.
Sliding down the World Rankings at an alarming rate.

This sort of event is likely to do more for him than it will for Tiger.

Tiger won The Masters last year and could still be a factor in future Majors.

Phil's best hope now is the Champions Tour.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Sliding down the World Rankings at an alarming rate.

This sort of event is likely to do more for him than it will for Tiger.

Tiger won The Masters last year and could still be a factor in future Majors.

Phil's best hope now is the Champions Tour.
q
As said: I think his best days aren't behind him. The way some are talking on here though, it is as if he is suddenly a 20 handicapper.

And whilst Woods is clearly still a great golfer, he has barely played in the months prior to lockdown. If people think this will be a thrashing of Phil, I think they might be mistaken.

D

Deleted member 18588

q
As said: I think his best days aren't behind him. The way some are talking on here though, it is as if he is suddenly a 20 handicapper.

And whilst Woods is clearly still a great golfer, he has barely played in the months prior to lockdown. If people think this will be a thrashing of Phil, I think they might be mistaken.
I really couldn't care less who may "win" Pro-Celebrity Golf USA.

It's an entertainment rather than sporting event.

As for Phil, by the time tournament golf likely restarts he will have qualified for the Champions Tour and that is where he is IMO likely to be a factor in the future.