Tiger, Thomas and the Tampon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerBear

Visit site
I see Iona Stephen has taken to social media to vent her anger and outrage. She didn't seem to be so outraged when Annika Sorenstram infamously outdrove Fred Funk and gave him a pink mini skirt.

It was a joke, poor taste and childish yes but it was a joke and unbelievable it's been made newsworthy.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Went up for 9 holes late yesterday. Came up behind one of the ladies. She drove off, got to her ball, picked it up and threw it forward and into the bushes. She then chopped out of the rubbish! I saw her do this several more times. I chased after her to ask what she was doing.
"I'm practicing for the Mixed Foresomes" she replied.

Are Sexist jokes are ok, if about men??

I guess men haven't ever had their access to tee times and voting rights restricted. Hence the sensitivity.

Mildly funny if very childish prank. Doing in a pga event shows a worrying lack of several things. Offensive? That's a personal call.

TopOfTheFlop

Head Pro
Visit site
The fact that this joke between friends (albeit on tv) gives this forum 10 pages of chat is astounding.
“Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right.” Ricky Gervais

D

Deleted member 15344

I was out driven today 😲

Attachments

• 6C7C5D8E-4D7E-4D04-B5A8-B6C28E357A3C.jpeg
    6C7C5D8E-4D7E-4D04-B5A8-B6C28E357A3C.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 43
D

Deleted member 15344

I see Iona Stephen has taken to social media to vent her anger and outrage. She didn't seem to be so outraged when Annika Sorenstram infamously outdrove Fred Funk and gave him a pink mini skirt.

It was a joke, poor taste and childish yes but it was a joke and unbelievable it's been made newsworthy.
A9FFA8C3-9B41-468B-A625-0466006779A2.jpeg

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You are aware of the huge difference in using your own gender as a reference point and using someone else’s gender aren’t you?
It’s like people of colour using the N word in rap songs, that doesn’t give you the right to use said word

The right to use a word?
Jesus Christ (apologies to the people who may be offended on behalf of Christians).

So no calling a bloke weaker is the same as using that word.

I knew this place had gone downhill a bit, but it's like the loonies running the asylum.

Again, apologies to those with mental health issues who that offends.

Albo

Visit site
The right to use a word?
Jesus Christ (apologies to the people who may be offended on behalf of Christians).

I knew this place had gone downhill a bit, but it's like the loonies running the asylum.

You’re really not coming across well here.
Disagree with my points and opinions, that’s totally not an issue.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
The right to use a word?

I think blasphemy should attract an infraction the same way as swearing. I'm not offended but I'm offended on behalf of those who are offended by it.

D

Deleted member 15344

You are aware of the huge difference in using your own gender as a reference point and using someone else’s gender aren’t you?
It’s like people of colour using the N word in rap songs, that doesn’t give you the right to use said word

Or it was just a picture of the incident someone mentioned 🤷‍♂️
Not sure LP will see the funny side of that!! :eek:

why 🤷‍♂️ thought it was funny yesterday when someone left it on my trolley

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The skirt incident was in 2005, yes I had to Google it. I suspect Sorentam is embarrassed by it now, a different time. I certainly very much doubt any of the current crop of female golfers, top 20-30 for example, would do the same or would find the Tiger incident funny. It demeans them and the equality / respect they are trying to achieve. If people are bringing out historical gags to back their point :rolleyes:o_O. I'm going to watch Gold and screen shot a clip from The Sweeney............that okay?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think blasphemy should attract an infraction the same way as swearing. I'm not offended but I'm offended on behalf of those who are offended by it.

I think being offended on behalf of other people should attract an infraction. I'm not offended but I'm offended on behalf of those who are offended about you being offended on behalf of those who are offended. 😃

Status
Not open for further replies.