Tiger injured in car crash..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No reckless driving charges being levied and "purely an accident". Hope he makes as full a recovery as possible - devastating for him for sure.
That is some accident. I saw a journalist on a golf channel last night experessing incredulity that this could have happened as a day to day incident. Clear morning, no rain on the ground, crosses the central reservation to then go off the road, no tyre marks to show braking.

Is that a final decision or is it still being looked at?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's not quite right, not filing charges doesn't mean he's innocent of error or that they stop investigation. LA County Sheriff wording according to the LA County Daily News:

The sheriff said investigators were not considering filing charges at this point.

“There will be a cause attached to it, a Vehicle Code,” Villanueva said.

But the sheriff said at most the crash could be determined to be the result of distracted driving.

“That’s an infraction,” he said.

The sheriff has said it appears that Woods was speeding.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is some accident. I saw a journalist on a golf channel last night experessing incredulity that this could have happened as a day to day incident. Clear morning, no rain on the ground, crosses the central reservation to then go off the road, no tyre marks to show braking.

Is that a final decision or is it still being looked at?

I don't know. Heard it on the BBC. For me, only he was hurt and, as long as he wasn't driving under the influence, put it down to a monetary lack of concentration...not something I'd want anyone prosecuted for as it's a very common human failing.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The theory doing the rounds over in America is that he was staying in a local hotel with his film crew. They had been filming him golfing with two celebs' the day before, and he was scheduled to film two more clips with two NFL stars that day, one of which was Drew Brees. (all fact). Everything after that is speculation.

The film crew set off for the course where they were filming with TW due to follow, but he got stuck in the car park stuck behind a parked car which was being unloaded. An extremely angry TW was seen leaving the hotel car park at a high rate of knots only having 30 minutes to make a 60 minute journey. (witness reports)

Everything after that is speculation.

Re-ordered that for you. ;)

Not saying there isn't necessarily any truth in what you've said, but it sounds like rumour / conjecture.

Do the precise circumstances really matter? I think Tiger deserves more respect than this kind of speculation (not aimed at you, Golfnut, but rather the rumour mongers on twitter or wherever else, that seem determined to pin some drama and blame on to things).

The investigation will run its course.

Last edited:

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Re-ordered that for you. ;)

Not saying there isn't necessarily any truth in what you've said, but it sounds like rumour / conjecture.

Do the precise circumstances really matter? I think Tiger deserves more respect than this kind of speculation (not aimed at you, Golfnut, but rather the rumour mongers on twitter or wherever else, that seem determined to pin some drama and blame on to things).

The investigation will run its course.
After the first paragraph, where it says "all fact", there is a reason I wrote that. Can you guess what it might be?

sunshine

Visit site
The "bad taste" (should that be "offensive?") memes have started. What is wrong with some people?

I think making a joke e.g. about his bad driving is ok, humour is a way many people deal with life. But I received an image of tiger lining up a putt in a wheel chair - some people have no shame.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don't know. Heard it on the BBC. For me, only he was hurt and, as long as he wasn't driving under the influence, put it down to a monetary lack of concentration...not something I'd want anyone prosecuted for as it's a very common human failing.
I guess the answer to that is if people see a pattern of poor driving leading to accidents, this is not his first although it is the most serious. This time no one was hurt but that was down to luck, nothing else. If someone had been hurt...........I hope you are right.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Happy to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as just an accident these days.

At some stage, something happened to cause the traffic collision. Whether this was mechanic, medical or human failing I'm sure we will find out.

Well, if it's not an accident it must be a deliberate, which would indicate some kind of suicide attempt!
It's an accident, whether caused by mechanical, medical or human failure ................. just an accident.
For someone to suggest otherwise is quite sinister.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, if it's not an accident it must be a deliberate, which would indicate some kind of suicide attempt!

I'm glad someone has mentioned this and we can have a grown up discussion about it.
It did cross my mind when I initially saw the photos and how there were no skid marks.
Hopefully I'm waaaay off the mark but I'll keep an open mind for now.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm glad someone has mentioned this and we can have a grown up discussion about it.
It did cross my mind when I initially saw the photos and how there were no skid marks.
I think 'dozy or distracted' might be closer to the mark for when I have found myself drifting in the road.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think 'dozy or distracted' might be closer to the mark for when I have found myself drifting in the road.

I'm hoping that is the answer as well, but looking at the map where the accident happened it doesn't look too far from where he set off, hardly enough time to fall asleep, specially if some reports suggest he was late for an appointment.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm hoping that is the answer as well, but looking at the map where the accident happened it doesn't look too far from where he set off, hardly enough time to fall asleep, specially if some reports suggest he was late for an appointment.

Have you ever driven in LA? Speedometers read hours per block not miles per hour. :D

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd go 'distracted' then - as it looks to have been a courtesy car he could have been struggling to find something - especially if he'd not long been on the road...I admit to sometimes being a bit complacent and not fully acquainting myself with all instruments and switches before setting off in a hire or courtesy car.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

But would there be when the car would have had ABS?