Tiger injured in car crash..

sunshine

Visit site
This is exactly how I have always felt. All it took was Mark Roe to start gushing about Tiger, and it was either mute or off. Nothing to do with Tiger and everything about Roe.

I used to love watching Tiger walk between shots. I mean why would I want to see another golfer hitting a golf shot for heaven’s sake when I could watch Tiger walking. Again nothing to do with the man, all about the perception of the producer.

I've always enjoyed watching tiger park his car, get the clubs out of the boot, etc. Never really understood why they showed this.

As it turns out, Tiger's poor parking skills (fire hydrant, layby, off a small cliff), have ended up being the defining moments of his career.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I've always enjoyed watching tiger park his car, get the clubs out of the boot, etc. Never really understood why they showed this.

As it turns out, Tiger's poor parking skills (fire hydrant, layby, off a small cliff), have ended up being the defining moments of his career.
I would put this down to poor driving skills if I'm honest, never been his strong point :unsure:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Only a problem at Liverpool Airport.

For 41 years I have had plates and bolts holding my left arm together (hence my forum name) .

During that time I have flown using nearly 30 international and 9 in the British Isles.

Only at Liverpool did I set the scanner going.

I think the only place I didn't set the scanner going berswick was Venice airport. When i cruise the security stop me every time I get on and off the ship despite telling the same people every time during the cruise that I have metal in me.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've not been a great fan of Woods over the years - unfairly so as that feeling was driven almost 100% by what I considered hugely excessive fan and media adulation. But more recently and since his 'comeback' I did sense a change in him - and definitely more humility and acceptance of his limitations - and with that change I found I could ignore the stupidity of others towards him and found myself actually rooting for him - when in the past that was rare.

I think Tiger learned a degree of humility during his time off, and realised how fleeting the level of success he had was. Much of the fan adulation was induced and encouraged, though, so it is a bit rich to complain when it inevitably turns. Overall, I am not a great fan either. He had a very deep media image applied right from the start, some of which was fine, but some of which was fictional, and he also had Earl Woods living vicariously through him, and unfortunately picked up one of Earl's greatest vices. His wife knew all about it before they got married - I played golf with a golf journo in Orlando about a year before the scandal and he told me the story of her first time of finding the other cellphone. Some of the brand management was a bit excessive and sometimes rather hypocritical.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dislocated my ankle 20yrs ago .
It took me 18 months to get back to work.
Still have trouble today with lack of mobility.
He has a long road ahead but wish him well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Looks like he might have been driving a Genesis courtesy car...and if he's anything like me driving an unfamiliar car, all sorts of things could have been distracting him from watching the road - trying to put my destination into the sat nav being one of my 'favourites'...just hoping for something as 'silly' and unfortunate as that.

4LEX

Visit site
I was in a high speed car crash years ago (front passenger) and one of my friends in the back had a compound fracture of his arm with multiple breaks. We got out of the wreckage and he asked if he was OK....one of the worst moments of my life was having to tell him his arm might be in trouble as I noticed his bone was poking through his jumper. And then ring his parents to say he will probably lose his arm. Thankfully the NHS pinned him back together but over a decade after he can hardly move his arm without serious pain and can't rotate it much.

Obviously Tiger has access to the best treatment and rehab with the most dedicated and focused mindset in the sport. But I think his days of winning majors are over. Would be nice to see him winning on the Senior Tour in the future though.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching Sky Sports News. One report says he crossed the central reservation and crashed on the other side of the road. No skid marks apparently. They also said he was speeding. Sounds like he fell asleep to me. I'm sure the truth of what really happened will come out eventually.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like he might have been driving a Genesis courtesy car...and if he's anything like me driving an unfamiliar car, all sorts of things could have been distracting him from watching the road - trying to put my destination into the sat nav being one of my 'favourites'...just hoping for something as 'silly' and unfortunate as that.

Call me old fashioned, but I put sat nav destinations in before I set off.

D

Deleted member 18588

I was in a high speed car crash years ago (front passenger) and one of my friends in the back had a compound fracture of his arm with multiple breaks. We got out of the wreckage and he asked if he was OK....one of the worst moments of my life was having to tell him his arm might be in trouble as I noticed his bone was poking through his jumper. And then ring his parents to say he will probably lose his arm. Thankfully the NHS pinned him back together but over a decade after he can hardly move his arm without serious pain and can't rotate it much.

Obviously Tiger has access to the best treatment and rehab with the most dedicated and focused mindset in the sport. But I think his days of winning majors are over. Would be nice to see him winning on the Senior Tour in the future though.
Your friend's experience sounds very similar to mine; shattered humerus that was like a jigsaw and severe damage to the radial nerve.

That was over 41 years ago and, like your friend, I still have pain and significant restriction to the use of my arm.

But, as has been said regarding Tiger; it certainly beats the alternative.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching Sky Sports News. One report says he crossed the central reservation and crashed on the other side of the road. No skid marks apparently. They also said he was speeding. Sounds like he fell asleep to me. I'm sure the truth of what really happened will come out eventually.
I think you have it there Stevie.
Asleep with foot going hard down on the throttle.
Terrible incident but at least no one else involved. All the best for him.