Tiger injured in car crash..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or get the co-pilot to do it if it must be done on the move.
I thought most modern cars won’t let you punch in a destination while you are moving.
The last car I had in the USA wouldn’t ,we had to stop.

The roof of the car looked relatively undamaged so he must have gone head over tail down the hill.
That’s very lucky to survive.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
The theory doing the rounds over in America is that he was staying in a local hotel with his film crew. They had been filming him golfing with two celebs' the day before, and he was scheduled to film two more clips with two NFL stars that day, one of which was Drew Brees. (all fact)

The film crew set off for the course where they were filming with TW due to follow, but he got stuck in the car park stuck behind a parked car which was being unloaded. An extremely angry TW was seen leaving the hotel car park at a high rate of knots only having 30 minutes to make a 60 minute journey. (witness reports)

Everything after that is speculation.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm no lover of Tiger, but he is just another human being so I wish him well as I do everyone else who was injured in a car crash today.

I thought the commentators said his driving had been straightened out now and less wayward.....obviously not.;)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I’m not saying that he was trying to punch something into his sat nav - I was suggesting that if he was driving a courtesy car he might not have been fully conversant with everything and got distracted from paying attention as he tried to work something out. It’s easily done in a courtesy or hire car.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I think you have it there Stevie.
Asleep with foot going hard down on the throttle.
Terrible incident but at least no one else involved. All the best for him.

Jeez, talk about making up your mind on next to nothing. Why don't you wait for the official investigation report? Talk about " Rush to judgement "?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Jeez, talk about making up your mind on next to nothing. Why don't you wait for the official investigation report? Talk about " Rush to judgement "?

Spot on. Quite aside from anything else, when drivers fall asleep at the wheel, one of the biggest misconceptions out there is that their foot goes to the floor. It doesn’t.

Let’s just wait and see, shall we.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have no real problem with people sending thoughts and prayers, even though I do not believe in the efficacy of either. In some cases it is genuine and heartfelt, in others not so much.

I heard Notah Begay, Tiger's old mate, sending positive energy last night. If positive energy can be sent, they should send some of it to Texas which needs some energy right now.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
"Thoughts and prayers".
I know we all know that in a scientific way these are irrelevant, but it's not what we mean when we say it.

I wouldn't say "prayers" because that would be hypocritical, but certainly I'd say "my thoughts are with you". It's just our way in English language of saying we care, that person is on our mind and we hope they pull through.

Get well soon Tiger ?, thoughts and no prayers, Tram ? ?

No evidence it works, as opposed to being a marketing scam by Big Virtue Signalling, then?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s perfectly acceptable to take umbridge with the term, it doesn’t mean a lack of sentiment. The issue with the term “Thoughts and Prayers” is that it is a tainted Americanism that has become a default and disingenuous response to avoidable death and harm.

See for example, the response to any mass shooting in recent years.

Of course I wish Tiger well but I don’t like the use of Thoughts and Prayers as it’s generally becoming an act of drawing attention to oneself. That sand art is as much self publicity as it is sentiment and I don’t like anyone trying to capitalise on others misfortune as a general rule.

D

Deleted member 16999

Surely anyone posting/sending messages to a sports personality on a public forum could be seen as virtue signalling or me me me.

But if people want to do so then what’s the harm?

The world is turning in to a dark cynical place were being miserable is becoming the norm.