Things That Gladden The Heart

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Spent the evening in Sheffield cathedral. Missis T has decided to take me/ us out somewhere once a months this year doing something different.
January, ice Hockey.
February, last night Motown tribute at the local theatre.
March, tonight Sheffield cathedral seeing a classical rendition of Coldplay hits under plastic battery operated candlelight. Very good indeed although me jacksy is numb sitting on a wooden pew for 90 mins. 😁

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The healthy birth of my second-born!
Decided he was super cosy and ended up 10 days overdue but was eventually out with a natural birth about 12 hours before we were due for an induction.

8lbs 8.5oz, and both baby and mummy are doing superb.

As with the last birth it really has left me in absolute awe of a) women and b) the human body.

Cannot understand for the life of me why my mum wanted to go through that 5 times 🤣.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Decided he was super cosy and ended up 10 days overdue but was eventually out with a natural birth about 12 hours before we were due for an induction.

As with the last birth it really has left me in absolute awe of a) women and b) the human body.

Cannot understand for the life of me why my mum wanted to go through that 5 times 🤣.

Congratulations to you and your partner on number 2! :)

Imagine being outnumbered by 3! Not for me :ROFLMAO: 1 is enough!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Congratulations.

Your last comment reinforces my belief that women over egg the pain of child birth - after all, which man has ever been hit in the nuts and then asked to be hit another 4 times? :ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Taking the first steps to try and get a diagnosis that I should have got years ago.

May seem odd to some, or many, but I taking the first steps at the age of 50 to see if I am autistic. Being a child of the 70s, these things were just pushed aside as you being a bit odd, shy, not the hugging type, a bit quiet etc and you just hid everything away and found a way to 'cope'. Anyway, it has been playing on my mind for quite a while now that, as details became more prevalent, much of my behaviour emotionally, socially and how I deal with tasks and work and how I react to certain situations has a lot in common with autism, all be it not on the scale that it impacts many people. So, in a quest to understand myself more and how I behave to and around others has led me down this route. First step, GP appointment booked for a referral to be clinically assessed. All a bit scary but it makes me happy that I may end up with a greater understanding of myself and an understanding that I can pass on to others.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Taking the first steps to try and get a diagnosis that I should have got years ago.

May seem odd to some, or many, but I taking the first steps at the age of 50 to see if I am autistic. Being a child of the 70s, these things were just pushed aside as you being a bit odd, shy, not the hugging type, a bit quiet etc and you just hid everything away and found a way to 'cope'. Anyway, it has been playing on my mind for quite a while now that, as details became more prevalent, much of my behaviour emotionally, socially and how I deal with tasks and work and how I react to certain situations has a lot in common with autism, all be it not on the scale that it impacts many people. So, in a quest to understand myself more and how I behave to and around others has led me down this route. First step, GP appointment booked for a referral to be clinically assessed. All a bit scary but it makes me happy that I may end up with a greater understanding of myself and an understanding that I can pass on to others.

Autism is a spectrum and you may well be on it somewhere. A lot of men are. When he was younger we noticed my son was different from other children, (he practically taught himself to read by 5 years old but was struggling to dress himself when he was 15!) we went through a whole raft of testing before getting a diagnosis of “High functioning Autism/Asperger’s syndrome”. Getting that statement helped in securing the necessary hours he needed from a SENCO at school, as well as certain dispensations when taking his exams, It has also paved the way for certain benefits now he is an adult…My question is why would you need a diagnosis? There is no treatment and you have learned to live with whatever condition you have. Emotionally unstable/Borderline Personality Disorder is often confused with Autism. Fwiw my advice is do not pigeon hole yourself. Get a good councillor or a really good mate and talk. Talk talk talk talk talk. Don’t get stuck in your own head too much, you might find that your mate/s feel the same. It can be hard being a man. There is nothing wrong with sharing ***.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Congratulations .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@GB72 really interesting post. My wife sees a woman every few months who is a social media consultant. It helps at our business. This woman was hyper, full of ideas, got bored quickly, flitted around business wise. She was diagnosed with ADHD about 18 months ago, she is late 40's. It gave her peace of mind, explained a great deal. It hasn't fundamentally changed her, initially she thought it would be a more dramatic moment but she is more content now, understanding that how she is won't change but that there is reasoning behind it.

I appreciate autism is slightly different but the concept of a late diagnosis explaining behaviour and characteristics is the same. Good luck in the next steps 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
@GB72 really interesting post. My wife sees a woman every few months who is a social media consultant. It helps at our business. This woman was hyper, full of ideas, got bored quickly, flitted around business wise. She was diagnosed with ADHD about 18 months ago, she is late 40's. It gave her peace of mind, explained a great deal. It hasn't fundamentally changed her, initially she thought it would be a more dramatic moment but she is more content now, understanding that how she is won't change but that there is reasoning behind it.

I appreciate autism is slightly different but the concept of a late diagnosis explaining behaviour and characteristics is the same. Good luck in the next steps 👍
A friend of mine recently got an ADHD diagnosis at the age of 35, it helped him understand why he has such an addictive personality and why he's struggled with things like mood swings over the years.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Three years ago we had our teenage daughter assessed and she was found to be high performing autistic. It has helped with school and university in opening a few doors which just make life a little easier for her.

With her being diagnosed I realised where she inherited it from and it has given me some comfort, which explains why I am sometimes a little awkward in social situations and can seem quiet.

Good on you for going to be assessed and hope it brings some peace of mind.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Today's prostate cancer check up call from the urology department brings up the full 12 months since the surgeon ripped out my cancerous prostate, one handed, wearing a leather glove (I might have exaggerated)

Anyway, the PSA test is still showing " non detectable" which is as good as it gets 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Please, if you have any "waterworks" symptoms go to your doctor asap - there is no need to die from prostate cancer!!