Things That Gladden The Heart

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A belated birthday present from Mrsd, tea at the Ritz yesterday followed by seeing " Yes Juliet" at the theatre.

Fabulous day out and the bonus was London, the underground and main line trains, were very quiet. Don't know how many of you have seen & Juliet, but it was very modern, with great singing and dancing, and funny too. It's due to tour next year and we'll certainly want to see it again

Last edited:

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
07:30 while I had my first cuppa. Bit further back - about 150m up from Valery's (sort of next to the bowling).

Try Vista del Mar. Turn left from where you are, about 200m right on the sea front. Not the cheapest but their sharing platters are amazing.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The simple things in life. Going to the Pars match last night (the result helped) with a group of mates I don't see nearly regularly enough. I've been to a few games this season ad-hoc, far fewer than I probably should, but last night was different.

It was the first midweek evening game for a long time, I almost felt 25 again walking along the old east road with the same bunch of reprobates as back then, eating a chippy that was 90% brown sauce/vinegar and chatting absolute tosh.

It did make us all slightly sad, as we congregated pre-match in the same boozer we've used for nearly 30 years, that we were missing one person. Taken from us far too soon in 2020. But we celebrated his absence and, lets just say, today the brightness on my monitors is turned waaayyyyy down! :D

Rest in Peace Damosan, we know you were with us in spirit on the walk along and the slight stagger back...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Got talked into playing Nairn Dunbar this morning by my American lawyer friend thats over at his house in the town. Wasn't keen as it's cold -4 and on winter greens. Got a call at 9.30 saying course closed for snow🤣
Phew

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Out on the bike this morning a pretty big pinemartin stopped on the trail up through the forests above Loch ness.

Probably only 30 yards away. Had a good look at Rupert and vice versa, then disappeared

Last edited: