thick golf shoes

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've always wore nike golf shoes but recently Baught some ecco cools. they are extremely comfortable but ive noticed i stand alot higher of the ground as they have alot of cushioning in the sole. i feel massive

Surely this has to effect strike? ive effectively taken half inch of my clubs???? anyone else had any issues. at £180 I'm thinking of taking them back

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry are you saying that cushioning in your shoes may affect your swing and strike on the ball ? Really ?

I go from wearing Adidas gripmores which are flat to Adidas Boost and Tour Boosts with foam under the sole and they make zero zilch nada difference to the way to swing or strike a ball.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry are you saying that cushioning in your shoes may affect your swing and strike on the ball ? Really ?

I go from wearing Adidas gripmores which are flat to Adidas Boost and Tour Boosts with foam under the sole and they make zero zilch nada difference to the way to swing or strike a ball.

no phil. I'm saying all of a suden I'm at least half inch higher off the ground than i normally am. would you notice if your clubs where altered half inch without your knowledge? i would

but its nice to hear you make the swap in between two very different shoes and notice no difference. this is what I'm looking for before i rip the label off £180

D

Deleted member 16999

I've always wore nike golf shoes but recently Baught some ecco cools. they are extremely comfortable but ive noticed i stand alot higher of the ground as they have alot of cushioning in the sole. i feel massive

Surely this has to effect strike? ive effectively taken half inch of my clubs???? anyone else had any issues. at £180 I'm thinking of taking them back
Are these them? ;)

41E244E5-4005-4EE9-9283-6DC212DA0616.jpg

D

Deleted member 16999

In all seriousness there is loads of stuff on the web from people on both sides of the fence saying what happens when they wear different types of shoes.

I laughed at your op, but maybe some people are effected by different shoe heights.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
On what grounds would you return them?

I think you would just get use to them as I always feel a bit out of sorts changing from winter to summer shoes for a couple of holes but it’s not going to make me wear spikes all year round.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
On what grounds would you return them?

I think you would just get use to them as I always feel a bit out of sorts changing from winter to summer shoes for a couple of holes but it’s not going to make me wear spikes all year round.

on the grounds that they aren't new and not been warn.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got a couple of pairs of Ecco shoes. I think you can remove the insoles to negate the half inch, but it might affect the width.
You've bought a quality shoe, so just bend over more at address.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site

l can't believe that you went and spent £180.00 on a pair of shoes without getting a fitting.... crazy.

I known what you are saying TBH but I don't think it will make much difference over the winter especially if your course makes you use a mat at this time of year.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Just crouch down ever slow slightly more! It'll become 'natural; in about 5 swings! I don't believe it's half an inch difference anyway!

Oh.. And I wish folk would learn to spell, as it makes posts far easier to read! Effect vs Affect! Warn vs Worn!

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just crouch down ever slow slightly more! It'll become 'natural; in about 5 swings! I don't believe it's half an inch difference anyway!

Oh.. And I wish folk would learn to spell, as it makes posts far easier to read! Effect vs Affect! Warn vs Worn!

"ever Slow slightly" really gonna pick me up? your using auto predict too!!!

"ever so slightly more" is also incorrect grammar

and they are half inch higher easy. just Google image ecco cool

Last edited:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
It’s something you will get used to very quickly.

I had it when I bought my first decent pair. Far more robust than the cheap thin ones I had before. I felt like a giant but after about 20 minutes I had forgotten about it.

I realised there are far more things that affect my ball strike and who was to say my old height was right and that I had not just been compensating instead?

I say rip the label off and crack on. The more you make it an issue the more it will be one.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't think it'll be half an inch but even so it's easy to negate. Did the OP not try the shoes on and realise in the shop he's standing taller?

i Baught them and took them straight home. i was already wearing golf shoes when i tried one on and noticed i was stood on a slant.

i just took a wrist to floor measurement and i am infact over half inch higher off the floor. they are sooooooo comfortable. I'm not usually an ecco fan

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
i Baught them and took them straight home. i was already wearing golf shoes when i tried one on and noticed i was stood on a slant.

i just took a wrist to floor measurement and i am infact over half inch higher off the floor. they are sooooooo comfortable. I'm not usually an ecco fan

Why not grip down on the grips. May even give added control

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
"ever Slow slightly" really gonna pick me up? your using auto predict too!!!
:eek:: :rofl:
No I'm not - but a screw up of my own!! BTW.. It's "you're" (as in 'you are')!! :rolleyes:

More importantly, I'm very surprised that thediference is 0.5"! But....