The wow factor driver ?

Carpfather1

Head Pro
Visit site
Some of the big bombers on the pro circuit use TM so big bombing amateurs will likely follow them. The chances are both would bomb it with whatever club they are using but it is almost like a self fulfilling prophecy. Clever old sponsorship and product placement doing its work.

Most at my club seem to use either the TM M2 or a Callaway of some sort. Not sure why but there you go.

I don't bomb it, more a pop, but at the moment it is playing nicely and going pretty darn straight. After many years of being all over I can confirm that straight is far more fun than OOB or lost in the thick rough.
I’ve noticed a lot of people in my club having a tm m2 in the bag so obviously it’s working for a lot of people.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’m gammoning a now old Cleveland Classic. Love the look of it but it was the performance that gave me a wow factor. Spin down, launch up, super feel.

Like the time I first hit the TM burner irons vs my older clubs back in 2011, never hit a new cast GI club before and it was crazy vs my clubs.

I don’t think I have hit anything big released in the last 5 years apart from my driver (2014) so I expect big things if I do try one!

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
My first new driver was the tm m2 I loved how light it was and as I saw it used by a lot of the tour pros I thought no brainer until I hit the cobra king f7 ( my current club) and it pissed all over that m2, only club iv hit over the 300 (never done it since right enough) for me the king is king

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
My bad I’ve caused riots by saying gaming didn’t think nothing of it and I’m welsh so could be a welsh golf saying too now 😝

You can leek most drivers a bit left...

As to the original question, amongst handicap golfers those who believe they are a bomber will generally use a driver that their professional bomber peers use...but most manufacturers currently have drivers on the market that will perform in a similar manner in the hands of a machine.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the moment mizuno JPX900, got it via eBay some pro wasn’t happy with it. Shaft was the xlr8, was not so great. Whipped that out popped a UST MP5 52g stiff shaft in after some working out. Seems to work for me, callaway fitter could not work it all out or better it.
Not sure if I would bother with buying brand new, there is no real great tech gains especially with the COR limits.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I was having a debate with one of my mates the other day about how all the new drivers are as long as each other these days .He thinks no and that Taylormade always produce the longer bombers ,what driver have you hit and thought wow compared to your current gamed club .i like my titleist 915 d2 because I’m pretty consistent with it, I’d happily take 10yards shorter and on the fairway .
Anyway Carp, back on track. My thoughts re TM are well known on here. In a nutshell ther not for me. But I bought a demo Ping G30 and it's a thing of beauty. Consistent is the word. There is no worse thought than standing on the tee and not knowing where the ball Is going.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Seriously? I thought this is the type of question done too death. They are all the same!!

Put a well fitted driver from any of the top manufacturers into the hands of a pro or very good golfer (fitted to them of course) and get them to hit a pile of balls. They will all go very similar distances. They choose one over the other as the dispersion is a little better, the ball flight suits them better, the sound they prefer, the looks they prefer....or it just 'feels right' - all subjective and personal to them.

Distance - all the same. You will get one person saying the X goes further for me and another saying well the Y beats the X for me. Yep - because you have found one that works better for YOU because of one or more of the reasons mentioned above.....happy gaming :)